• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

WOOP! WOOP!

But alas, that's what most of us are when we wild camp.........just trying not to get seen? I read somewhere awhile ago, on a similar idea, that because carp fisherman? are allowed normally to sleep out by the canal: that then allows canoeists to do likewise.......if you can find a nice spot. The caveat being, that you mustn't impede access to any towpath/footpath.......................

Had an email from the Angling Trust and...... Firstly
@Ystranc

I live in Wales. Can I go fishing?

Yes. Fishing in Wales is now permitted provided it is local and you can walk or cycle to your venue. Driving to go fishing is only permissible if you are registered disabled.

The Angling Trust will continue to lobby the Welsh Government and make clear that safe local driving is extremely important for all Welsh anglers and should be allowed, subject to the comprehensive guidelines we laid out in our When We Fish Again document, which has been adopted by the English Government.

The Natural Resources Wales website stipulates that anglers should:
  • fish within your immediate locality without driving (unless you are registered disabled)
  • follow social distancing guidelines
  • follow the stay at home guidance from Welsh Government
  • have a valid fishing rod licence
  • adhere to fisheries byelaws including the close season
  • have permission from the fishery owner

Secondly.........

@Madriverrob

Can I go night fishing?

Yes. Following the government statement of 13 May 2020 and the accompanying guidelines from the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, fishing at night in England is currently permissible so long as social distancing rules are followed.

In ‘New Guidelines for Spending Time Outdoors’ it states:

“From today (13 May 2020) people in England can spend more time outdoors and enjoy a wider range of activities for any length of time, subject to social distancing rules. People and their households can relax in the park, sunbathe, go for a picnic and go fishing.”

Subsequent legal opinion obtained by the Angling Trust supports this and DCMS guidance as the legal basis for night fishing at the current time. Please make sure you have the permission of the fishery owner and hold any relevant Environment Agency rod licence.

You should adhere to Government advice on social distancing and hygiene at all times and we recommend that you follow the Angling Trust guidelines to keep yourself and others safe

Further info here Angling Trust & Fish Legal Membership | For fish and fishing

Hopefully it wont be too long now Mark. :)

I noticed a few fisherman at a local beach while driving past the other day.......all spaced out a fair way.
Makes me wonder if there was an early show of Mackerel in the bay.......we have seen them as early as February before now 🤔

I replaced the line on half a dozen or so rigs and put new hooks on all the ones I've been using at the back end of last year. However, things do have a habit of conspiring against me..... they've drained the stretch of canal for repairs where I like to fish! :mad: :rofl: :rofl: Honest you can't make it up.:rofl:

I replaced the line on half a dozen or so rigs and put new hooks on all the ones I've been using at the back end of last year. However, things do have a habit of conspiring against me..... they've drained the stretch of canal for repairs where I like to fish! :mad: :rofl: :rofl: Honest you can't make it up.:rofl:

What a bugger Annie :rolleyes:

Water or not.......I would HAVE to sit there with a rod anyway......just to wind them up........."Caught anything yet?"............."Only you"!! :rofl:

Just wetting the appetite 🤭😂
670D7831-C2D8-4DD8-BBDA-21FA91D13978.jpeg

Nice fish Mark......you will hopefully have a few more of them this year :thumbsup:
Are you able to camp overnight there?

no camping buddy, but I can go as early as I like and leave when I want, within reason tho..... the owners are a good bunch and they know me well enough to pay before I leave or the next day depending on what time I arrive or leave, tho I haven’t used that freedom in a few years lol

Oooh 😲 I’ve been on the BAY ?? Bought some sticky bait krill floaters 😬

will have to sort out my bags now 🤷🏼‍♂️ Stalking bag with floats bait slingshot and line

and my static bag with everything in it 😁

will also have to air my bivvy out

see what yous have done 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️😂

Back