• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Work hard now..

Big Red

Quite Addicted
……play easy in the summer! The wood pile is coming along nicely, used my chop saw and gene for the smaller stuff, chain saw and horse for the bigger stuff. The pile is now higher and double stacked, about the same again to process.
392271FA-4B2B-4AE1-BE48-50E61AE5AE86.jpeg
D9B92CA0-8EC7-47AF-9705-284224EA408B.jpeg

Any plans for a couple of winter overnighters Mike.....lucky man having such a nice pitch close to home and no fear of being moved on......ya git 😛🤣

Certain Bill, but after all the rain we have had, and how it lays by a small river, it is a tad damp underfoot! But yes, certainly on the cards. 👍

A little bit, at least for me, of heaven. I help out on the farm on the odd occasions, things like TB testing and moving stock off the moor, and I get the wood and pond to play with, just brilliant. I feel blessed, it is a fantastic, quiet, corner of the Dartmoor National Park that means so much to me. 👍

Spoke to the farmer yesterday Joe, sadly not too well, but I have the go ahead to attack the farm and “tidy up” the 130 acres. Will have a store of wood for the farm, my daughter and the village pub for a couple of years. 👍🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
I've noticed that wood always seems to burn better when you've worked hard to get it. When I was a kid I loved going out collecting wood on cold frosty days

I've noticed that wood always seems to burn better when you've worked hard to get it. When I was a kid I loved going out collecting wood on cold frosty days

Strange, give me a paint brush and ask me to paint a door frame, and I am like a kid who has to do it to get his favourite sweets. Ask me to go out in sub zero temperatures and cut, ring and split wood, and I am gone all day. There is something primitive about prepping for the cold.

Please don’t think it is that cold here! However the temperature has plummeted to a chilly 17c here in Devon for the last few days. 👍😀

Strange, give me a paint brush and ask me to paint a door frame, and I am like a kid who has to do it to get his favourite sweets. Ask me to go out in sub zero temperatures and cut, ring and split wood, and I am gone all day. There is something primitive about prepping for the cold.

Please don’t think it is that cold here! However the temperature has plummeted to a chilly 17c here in Devon for the last few days. 👍😀
17 is a heatwave, I'm happy sat outside having a smoke in a tee shirt at -2

Back