• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

South West work party

We have just been given the green light to do some major work at the summer meet venue ...

the plan is to build a composting toilet / wood shelter/ and some sort of water collecting ..

first things first we need to sort out the track as you go over the bridge there are a few large holes we will need to fill in with rocks from the river ....

i will post up dates as an when i can ...all help with these task,s would be appreciated

I sense an over-nighter in the offing in order to make it worthwhile.

Perhaps 2 or 3 visits to suit all members of the work party over the next few months.

Waste of time just popping down for an afternoon dear we all said ! :whistle::sneaky::D

you guys are missing the point the track in and the track to the site is not for our sole use :(...the track along the bottom and the track up the hill is used for 4x4 training and events (thus not changeable by me )....the track along the bottom and up the hill will never be drivable by anything less than a 4x4 with half decent tyres on :cool:

All i want to do is make the trip across the bridge to the bottom track a little less abrasive on my landrover its never going to be a tarmac drive way :rofl::rofl::rofl:

but id like to try and get it so that every time i go threw the holes (by the bridge) im not expecting to break something on the landy ....i cant risk it as its my daily driver :thumbsup:....i tried to tell everyone to bring minimal kit to the meet but i still seemed to be doing multiple trips across the ruff stuff risking breaking the landrover

so the plan is to sort the holes (with out the landowner,s help ) as im sure he would have a fit as they are part of the 4x4 track :whistle::whistle:

when they are done we can move onto the toilet/shelter/woodstore

you guys are missing the point the track in and the track to the site is not for our sole use :(...the track along the bottom and the track up the hill is used for 4x4 training and events (thus not changeable by me )....the track along the bottom and up the hill will never be drivable by anything less than a 4x4 with half decent tyres on :cool:

All i want to do is make the trip across the bridge to the bottom track a little less abrasive on my landrover its never going to be a tarmac drive way :rofl::rofl::rofl:

but id like to try and get it so that every time i go threw the holes (by the bridge) im not expecting to break something on the landy ....i cant risk it as its my daily driver :thumbsup:....i tried to tell everyone to bring minimal kit to the meet but i still seemed to be doing multiple trips across the ruff stuff risking breaking the landrover

so the plan is to sort the holes (with out the landowner,s help ) as im sure he would have a fit as they are part of the 4x4 track :whistle::whistle:

when they are done we can move onto the toilet/shelter/woodstore
OK Matt

i will ask the landowner if theres another access road in :cool:...i have seen a track that go,s up to the top of the woodland (where dick had the hft ) if we can get access to the entrance for that track then we would need to clear the track down to the site ..but im sure the landowner woudnt want us to use or reinstate it as a lot of trees would need to be cut :cool:

so we are back to option 1 ....

i will ask the landowner if theres another access road in :cool:...i have seen a track that go,s up to the top of the woodland (where dick had the hft ) if we can get access to the entrance for that track then we would need to clear the track down to the site ..but im sure the landowner woudnt want us to use or reinstate it as a lot of trees would need to be cut :cool:

so we are back to option 1 ....
Would he object to us draining the excess water from the holes

Would he object to us draining the excess water from the holes

will never happen mate as the land is very swampy ...even in the hight of summer the holes are still full of water ...best option is to try and fill the holes .....nothing some hard work cant sort :cool:

will never happen mate as the land is very swampy ...even in the hight of summer the holes are still full of water ...best option is to try and fill the holes .....nothing some hard work cant sort :cool:
I agree with the swampy bit but On my trips up and down I noticed a few places where run off channels had been dug, I thought then than they just needed to be deeper

I agree with the swampy bit but On my trips up and down I noticed a few places where run off channels had been dug, I thought then than they just needed to be deeper

we dug the run of channels :cool:....the track has to stay as it is (no option to change it )

im not bothered by the main track as to be truthful its not very ruff or much chance of damage to the vehicle..its just muddy ..that wash,s off mate :cool:

we were the ones who made them cut outs joe. they were deeper than that but over time they have filled back in

we were the ones who made them cut outs joe. they were deeper than that but over time they have filled back in
They would do Gav, when I was a kid ditches were re-dug every couple of years for that reason

im not bothered by the main track as to be truthful its not very ruff or much chance of damage to the vehicle..its just muddy ..that wash,s off mate :cool:
:eek:still haven't got round to washing off the mud that got on the car just driving to the parking area:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the invite and inclusion Mucker.....but I think I would be very bored making tea for 3 days while watching you guys work hard.;)

Back