• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

working party

Oh alright then ! :)

Shanty Town ! :D

IMG_20180707_084153545.jpg
IMG_20180707_084212303.jpg
IMG_20180707_084229629.jpg
IMG_20180707_084252561.jpg

I don’t know how they have the NERVE to call that collection of twigs......A LOG PILE
:whistle::rofl:
Well there is that old bushcraft saying "the bigger the fire, the bigger the fool". Obviously not going to be any big fires in that camp :thumbsup:
I wouldn't dare criticise but it would dry faster if you got it all split and up of the ground
A method I've used in the past is to girdle cordwood sized trees cutting into the sap wood using an axe so that the following winter there is a plentiful supply of standing dead dry firewood. It's important to fell it the following winter before it becomes unsafe but by the following spring the copiced shoots from the base of the trunk are usually well established. It just keeps the firewood off the ground and dry until you need it.

There are other areas where more wood has been cut into manageable chunks.

We only took down dead trees & the heat had a huge impact on us all.

I think that if we had managed to cut & split a weeks worth of wood for up to 20 people it would have taken us a lot longer than a day. :)

There are other areas where more wood has been cut into manageable chunks.

We only took down dead trees & the heat had a huge impact on us all.

I think that if we had managed to cut & split a weeks worth of wood for up to 20 people it would have taken us a lot longer than a day. :)
Drinking to much tea you lazy sods:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I decided to clean the accumulated mud from under the Freelander. Drove it onto the ramps and started digging. 2 hours later and after sweeping up the dried lumps of mud I had a tidy pile. Bagged up it weighs just over 32 kilos. Also noticed I need a new back box on the exhaust.
DSC_0835.JPG

I decided to clean the accumulated mud from under the Freelander. Drove it onto the ramps and started digging. 2 hours later and after sweeping up the dried lumps of mud I had a tidy pile. Bagged up it weighs just over 32 kilos. Also noticed I need a new back box on the exhaust. View attachment 14347
I blame Neil for not clearing up the track properly Dick

Beware the man with the kind of mind that feels the need to weigh the dirt off his car.....too much time on your hands Divebuddy?

Not at all Ystranc. I weighed it to show how much extra weight the vehicle will be carrying if you don't get the mud out of the undertray and crevices. It is also a concern that it will build up and block the flow of air around the base of the engine. Difficult to see how it is getting into those areas as the underside is well covered and protected.

id hate to see whats under my landrover :eek:... ive resisted washing it or putting it up on the ramps at work to have a nose :rofl:....im going to leave it till after the meet then im going to let the local car wash guys have the pleasure of getting all the mud off :rofl:

It always finds a way in, you can tell where I've been by the colour of the surface layer of crap dropping off my vehicles. They get pressure washed before a service or MOT but that's about it....I find it stops people casually leaning on or brushing against my car, it certainly stops people asking for lifts. I've never had an issue with air flow in my undercarriage though.

Back