• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

would it bag dinner (the shot on the right)

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
Using my Hatsan supertact .22, 11 Joules

27 Yards JSB match 13.73gr.

Kill shot or not?
P1450105.JPG

At a range of 27 yards you should still have enough power for it to be a kill shot if you get the pellet in the right place. The official opinion is that it takes a little over 3f/lbs for a humane kill on small game. As always it is about pellet placement. That looks like good shooting to me.

Depends on the trajectory of the pellet mate. Entering at an upward angle it may kill it... but straight or downward it will hit its jaw bone... itโ€™s a horrible nose they make when wounded. Almost put me of hunting them

Depends on the trajectory of the pellet mate. Entering at an upward angle it may kill it... but straight or downward it will hit its jaw bone... itโ€™s a horrible nose they make when wounded. Almost put me of hunting them
One of the reasons that I hunt with hollow points or segmented hollow points. they're slightly less accurate than F&T but they transfer all of the energy and don't glance off.

One of the reasons that I hunt with hollow points or segmented hollow points. they're slightly less accurate than F&T but they transfer all of the energy and don't glance off.

A took the same approach with one difference mate, but know exactly why you would make that choice. I went for Hollow points for pigeons and squirrels. And barracudaโ€™s domed, for rabbit.... I only used domed for rabbit because of the accuracy ,as I was shooting mainly at max distance (35 to 40 yards)with a standard powered air rifle. I know a 12ftp air rifle could kill at 50 to 60+ yards but I wasnโ€™t comfortable with that or that good lol

one of the first things am doing when this is over is applying for my air rifle license๐Ÿ˜ blooming miss it lol

one of the first things am doing when this is over is applying for my air rifle license๐Ÿ˜ blooming miss it lol

Its all pretty straightforward, like any paperwork, its a pain in the hoop but there weren't any trick questions. I emailed the local firearms officer to find out what the requirements were for stowage and its basically under lock and key so any kids in the house can't get to them.

yes๐Ÿ˜‚ the Scotish government decided it would stop criminals committing crime ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ It had nothing to do with making money of a sport ๐Ÿค” oh a could rant and rant and rant about this all day lol๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Colour me cynical but it was a cheap shot at a minority hobby and a way to put another difference in between Scotland and England.

Colour me cynical but it was a cheap shot at a minority hobby and a way to put another difference in between Scotland and England.

Yup mate exactly,,,, Scotland the place to pay to play !!! And if :poo: was valuable they would tax oor arss holes

yes๐Ÿ˜‚ the Scotish government decided it would stop criminals committing crime ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ It had nothing to do with making money of a sport ๐Ÿค” oh a could rant and rant and rant about this all day lol๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Yes......I can see why..................

Yes......I can see why..................

There was a tragic incident where a drug dealer shot a toddler with an air rifle and killed him and that was enough.

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Man convicted of toddler's murder

Of course this was a tragedy, any death is, but it led to a campaign in Scotland to license air weapons by the SNP. While its anecdotal, the police had zero interest in this and while I'm sure some borderline psychos have shot cats we've not had any further deaths through air weapons (as far as I know). Purely politically driven as far as I can see.

• Angry
Reactions: lol
Recently England and Wales had the 2019 violent crime reduction act which was also political rather than any real use in the fight against crime. My personal belief is that these pieces of legislation were to make our respective governments look tough on crime without actually committing any more resources.

Very true.
(although I don't know how something can be VERY true?)

Back