• Welcome to Life In The Wilderness

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Xmas. Careful What You Wish For!!!

Keith

Very Addicted
Well it wasn't me, only because I didn't think there was any chance in the middle of summer!
hail_white_xmas_005.jpg

hail_white_xmas_004.jpg

hail_white_xmas_003.jpg

Some of these are almost golf ball sized, the garden is demolished, we will have to pick all the damaged vegies that are worth saving. Three solar panels are destroyed, water drain pipes smashed. No leaks in the roof showing yet & we have not checked the vehicles yet. My son went up to check the cottage & has not returned yet so I guess they are mopping up!!! If this were a survival situation it would certainly set us back, but wouldn't put us out of the game. Just goes to show what can happen, how things can go wrong.

Keith

Very Addicted
is this usual or was it a "once in a decade event"??
Christmas day here is just damp and windy.
Well obviously it is mid summer here, & we were experiencing a heatwave! We have had hail before, but not as large as this. My son's Volvo wagon has the windscreen cracked & a headlight smashed. A piece of hail the size of a tennis ball smashed one window in the cottage. The supercharger cowl on my wife's car is broken. The bodywork on all 3 vehicles covered in dents like someone did it with a ball peen hammer!
This could be normal, on the other hand I have not experienced anything like this until the past 10 years. Will have to wait & see if this becomes more frequent.
Keith.

Keith

Very Addicted
Well that sucks...tropical storms are so unpredictable
True, but New England is not classed as being in the tropics. The tropics for us are further north, Queensland & Northern Territory. Cyclone season up there now.
Keith.

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
Just watched the video. Wow that’s some hailstorm. Hope all that’s broken can be fixed without to much cost Keith.

Keith

Very Addicted
Just watched the video. Wow that’s some hailstorm. Hope all that’s broken can be fixed without to much cost Keith.
Unfortunately this video did not show the worst of the storm Mark, I was too busy running about closing windows & doors. But there is nothing that can't be fixed.
Keith.