• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

North East Yorkshire bushcraft

Lavvucrafter

Slightly Talkative
Hi there, new to the forum and the idea of bushcraft and wild camping, used to go night fishing quite alot in my youth, so have done a fair bit of camping but not been for years and not camped in the true wild.

Have just purchased a lavvu, which I think is fantastic also have a dd tarp, sleeping bag stoves and the like so. Am. Virtually ready to go.

So. My question was, is there an 1 or 2 night camps happening in Yorkshire, as this is my area, I live near Pontefract so for my first try I can be pretty close to home,

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from. You, jase.

Hello Jase. There are two groups (that I know about) in Yorkshire who meet monthly for a bit of camping and bushcrafting activity. Neither are on this, or any other, forums and both use FB as their means of communication. They are both called Yorkshire Bushcraft, which is a bit confusing. One group meets regularly at Hainsworth Wood, this is a public (wild) campsite that they book exclusively for a weekend. Hainsworth Wood have a web page and are also on FB and could be the easiest way to find them, as they provide a link to one of the groups.

Back