• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

You beardies...

Gulfalan67

Very Addicted
Hi folks

A query about 'bushcraft' in the loosest sense.

I don't have a beard like some hardcore hipster bushmen. But my electric beard trimmer died while Darwin was locked down last week and so Im growing face fungus until I can next get to town.

Question. How long does it stay itchy for? I'm on about a week now and its driving me nuts ! Luckily it is the cooler season here at present

Comm'n fellas, give me hope!

Beardie

PS. I was affectionately nuzzling The Boy typing this over my morning cuppa and my chin got caught up on his muzzle like velcro! Yukkk!

Hi folks

A query about 'bushcraft' in the loosest sense.

I don't have a beard like some hardcore hipster bushmen. But my electric beard trimmer died while Darwin was locked down last week and so Im growing face fungus until I can next get to town.

Question. How long does it stay itchy for? I'm on about a week now and its driving me nuts ! Luckily it is the cooler season here at present

Comm'n fellas, give me hope!

Beardie

PS. I was affectionately nuzzling The Boy typing this over my morning cuppa and my chin got caught up on his muzzle like velcro! Yukkk!
Give it another 8/12 months Alan and it should settle down
:lol: joking aside 2 or 3 days and the itching should stop

i started sporting face fungus when i discovered it drove my fellow Parisians up the wall. that's over 6 years ago now and i've left Paris long behind but the beardage lives on.

oh, right, the topic: i remember it bugging me for a few weeks. a fastidious washing regime seemed to mitigate the problem then, and now for that matter. i usually give it a good wash once or twice a day. a good rinse after any given meal helps a lot too.

I find mine only itches when re growing it after one of my periodic shaves, once it's had its first trim the itching stops. At the moment I'm keeping my hair and beard short (under half an inch) after someone commented that I looked like Nick Knowels (not exactly an insult but I wasn't exactly happy either).

I just stand out in the wind ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
419E8D09-09FD-4C0B-A06D-569232BC09A8.gif

Back