• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Young Joe's Permanent Camp SIte

Mohojoe

Slightly Addicted
I'm off tomorrow to scout out and set up my local camp site for summer. Its gonna be a 4 person camp site that I will be inviting friends to.
Fire pit centre with walls made from brush and green branches. Long drop toilet a small distance away. Furniture and some storage and cooking things. Will hopefully be able to take pictures for you all tomorrow. I have a few areas I have scouted and tomorrow is the day I have to settle one one.

This thread hopefully can serve as a diary of my overnighters and the process of setting up my semi-permanent site.

I'm off tomorrow to scout out and set up my local camp site for summer. Its gonna be a 4 person camp site that I will be inviting friends to.
Fire pit centre with walls made from brush and green branches. Long drop toilet a small distance away. Furniture and some storage and cooking things. Will hopefully be able to take pictures for you all tomorrow. I have a few areas I have scouted and tomorrow is the day I have to settle one one.

This thread hopefully can serve as a diary of my overnighters and the process of setting up my semi-permanent site.
Hope the weather holds fair for you Joe

I'm away this weekend Hastings for some fishing and kayaking

Yes to both mate but will also fish from rock and oar small jetty for mackerel and flounderers but probably end up going to the fishing huts just before they close like usual lol I'm defenatly going to be picking up some some fresh crab from the fisherman, (the huts at the back right by the boats not the huts selling on the road by the fishing museum) there from Friday till tues :)

Yes to both mate but will also fish from rock and oar small jetty for mackerel and flounderers but probably end up going to the fishing huts just before they close litre usuall lol I'm defenatly going to be picking up some some fresh crab from the fisherman, (the huts at the back right by the boats not the huts selling on the road by the fishing museum)
I know the huts you mean mate, anyway eat some for me

Will do, weather looks ok but nothing special. When was you last down there joe, this year has seen a revamp of the 2 fresh fish shops were talking about, they now sell everything and I mean everything you could want fishy.

Will do, weather looks ok but nothing special. When was you last down there joe, this year has seen a revamp of the 2 fresh fish shops were talking about, they now sell everything and I mean everything you could want fishy.
It's been about 3 years now, I really should drive over and visit my cousin

I like Hastings has to be my fav and nearest place in the se I use to have a boat there in the hasting motorboat and yacht club but sold it as I wasn't getting value for money because I stopped going there and only ended up going 2 or 3 times a year that was 10 years ago but now I'm older hasting has become regular spot so I think I will get a boat and re join as there is a waiting list and I will soon be to old to drag rib's and kayaks down the beach lol

Spot on young joe

This weekend me and my daughter are doing similar well if she comes through to se her Wee dad lol

Just got back from my overnighter.

A few things I have learned over the last 24 hours:
  • I am way more rusty with bushcraft than I realised, it was quite an eye opener into what happens when you don't practice for a few years. I'm going to be trying to get out for an overnighter at least once a month
  • You can never have too much paracord
  • You don't need fancy meals, I simply cooked some sausages on a 'Spit' type of contraption and they tasted far better than anything else I have eaten this week.
  • My phone does not take pictures well in low light conditions so if I want photos, take them in the day
  • Stick to DD hammocks, I still haven't found an alternative that beats them in the price range
  • Its lovely listening to nature while you doze off, but barking muntjac can scare the S*** out of you at 4am!
13254698_10156829877775161_2783753071039675926_o.jpg

I got a few other pictures on my phone but to be honest I was more interested in camping than fiddling until it was too dark.
This was my set up last night, I purposefully camped at the same spot i camped 7 years ago. It has changed a lot with falling trees and so on but it was fun to spend another night there. My new permanent camp site has been found and I will hopefully put some pictures up next time I get a chance to go up there.

Its amazing how things sound so different at night Joe, its a lovely way to camp and there's nothing better than waking to the sound of the dawn chorus

Hi Joe.

Good post and picture mate.

Trips like this are a great opportunity to fine tune your kit and your set up....especially after a break from it.
Looks like a nice area you have there.
Have you got a natural water source near by...or do you carry in?

Thanks for sharing...and look forward to your next trip report:thumbsup:

Back