• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Your go to books

urbanghost

Very Talkative
What book or books do you find yourself using the most? The book you always turn to when you need to id something?
These are 2 books I always use the most. First one is called Wild Flowers of Britain by Roger Phillips. Amazing book, its set out by month and shows you what plants look like at different times of the year. All colour photos of plants and their fruit at different stages of growth. I take photos of stuff I find that I cant id and look them up in whatever month we are in. 90% of the time its in there.
IMG_2588.JPG
Second one you probably have seen before. The classic Food for Free by Richard Mabey. Some hard to find plants in there but a great introduction to foraging even if you live in the city.
IMG_2589.JPG
Had these books about 20 years and they get read so much they sit on my table all year round.

What book or books do you find yourself using the most? The book you always turn to when you need to id something?
These are 2 books I always use the most. First one is called Wild Flowers of Britain by Roger Phillips. Amazing book, its set out by month and shows you what plants look like at different times of the year. All colour photos of plants and their fruit at different stages of growth. I take photos of stuff I find that I cant id and look them up in whatever month we are in. 90% of the time its in there.
View attachment 12387
Second one you probably have seen before. The classic Food for Free by Richard Mabey. Some hard to find plants in there but a great introduction to foraging even if you live in the city.
View attachment 12388
Had these books about 20 years and they get read so much they sit on my table all year round.
A book on fungi

A must admit a don’t read much books....my go to is YouTube lol. But I’ve just started reading Ray mears Bushcraft. The one that relates to the tv series. Can’t remember the actual name....al post it up when am home:thumbsup:

Back