• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Your own land.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
This must be the dream of many people....me included.

Imagine being able to build your very own log cabin......complete with open fire.
Have a fresh water spring.
Being as self sufficient as you possibly could be.

What would be your ideals if you had a patch of land you had total freedom on?

This must be the dream of many people....me included.

Imagine being able to build your very own log cabin......complete with open fire.
Have a fresh water spring.
Being as self sufficient as you possibly could be.

What would be your ideals if you had a patch of land you had total freedom on?
Give me a lottery win Bill

Well bill a log cabin up and down stairs with a balcony is a must for me my own work shop next to it with a pond that the stream feeds in and out of just down from the cabin stocked with carp and brown trout obviously surrounded by woodland am not greedy 15000 acr should do it hills and gullies as far as the eye can see. Rabbit dear fox Woolf wild cats

If a can dream bill why not:thumbsup:

O.K. Joe....lets dream a while:rofl:

If you had a nice 2 acre plot.....what would you like to put on it?

Well bill a log cabin up and down stairs with a balcony is a must for me my own work shop next to it with a pond that the stream feeds in and out of just down from the cabin stocked with carp and brown trout obviously surrounded by woodland am not greedy 15000 acr should do it hills and gullies as far as the eye can see. Rabbit dear fox Woolf wild cats

If a can dream bill why not:thumbsup:

Sounds good Mark.....but.....15.000 acres :eek::D
Say you had 10 acres.....where would you start?
What would you prioritise.
Where would you resource materials.
Already mentioned the pond.:thumbsup:

O.K. Joe....lets dream a while:rofl:

If you had a nice 2 acre plot.....what would you like to put on it?
I would dig a well for my water supply, have a large veg plot, a four room cabin soft and hard fruits and very definitely a couple of donkeys and a few pigmy goats

Total freedom of choice?

Would have to be a few acres of woodland, Complete Timber framed cabin, all joined, no nails. Completely open plan with a raised platform acting as a second storey for the bedroom. wood shingled roof.

Ideally a natural water source like a spring or stream. I would have pigs roaming free on the land ( not for meat but for company, I have always adored potbellies), bantam chickens and all the wilderness nature provides.
I would grow vegetables and wild edibles and most likely eat those alone.

Its a dream I have had for a while and its still my goal in life.

In the words of a fantastic gentleman
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."

If a had 10 acres first thing would be a nice spot for the camp site nothing two major tent for the bad weather and a hammock for nice weather. A would secure materials ie fire wood and building material from bartors on the surrounding areas if I could and just live life free bill

Getting there bill lol

Pack of Alsatians maby 4 or 5
That's about the only animals a would keep
If a could there would be wolf, boar ,dear , wild cat , fox ,rabbit ,badgers,eagles,etc all running wild
Hate seeing animals in captivity

Ideal mate....there are some stunning cabins that have built by people.
The restrictions and planning are the barrier plus the costs.

Piece of land. Doesnt have to be large. Enough space for a home of some sort, ideally a log cabin. I would surround myself with complete sustainability. All types of wild edibles, more than i would know what to do with.

Chickens, goats and a few dogs. Large workspace for woodworking which i could use to pay for any supplies i would need.

The only work i would need to do is to survive, just work the land.

......oh and wi-fi

id go simple with a off grid cabin in the woods, somewhere where i can play radios/shoot etc i did look into land before now! nearest to me was a 3 acre woodland plot (on a hill) for 27k (sod that) lol

Yep....that's the cruncher.......the expense of it all.....and actually finding the land/woods that are suitable.
Be nice to have a stream or river running through:thumbsup:

100 acres of Mixed woodland, stream, plenty of wild edibles, plenty of runners, flyers and fish to hunt.
Log cabin, open fire, rocking chair, pipe and baccy, plenty of tetley......
.......and a second log cabin for all bushy mates and forum members if they fancy a visit!
Simple man of simple pleasures me :)

Back