• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Your own land.

Hi 1 shot willie!

I learned this during my norwegian language course as the teacher told us that. But i think it can be a some of things, most two: 1 - is because Norway is more mountains and rock (is rock everywhere); 2 - because the norwegian peopple loves to walk around in nature so they want this freedom preserved.

There can be more reasons and more accurate reasons but i don't know

About fish:
if the professonal trolling boats don't destroy the bottom of the ocean, the fishing companies don't overfish and the fishing farms stop to spread diseases; YES we have a lot of fish here to eat fish to the eternity. ;)

:thumbsup:

Aghh I see thank you....wanting to preserve the land is good.

Been working on an idea for years dual power turbine ( water and wind) and a peltier module for the log burner, not built either yet but been designing them for years

Hi Wild.

Keep at it mate and finish the design........First dibbs on the guest cabin when you patent it :rofl::thumbsup:

I have a friend who came from across the pond, He told me it is so hard to have a lot of land there, Is this true ?
I have just under a 1000 acers with a cabin and a 100 year old school on it, I love to do a lot of bushcraft there,
but I rent a lot of it out for farming, and that gives me all the bush to play in, theres a small stream going through with a few fish, but they are small and I don't take any.
I do a lot of hunting there for deer, moose and bear if they cause trouble, Iam not much of a bird hunter except grouse, I love eating them, plenty of ducks and geese but I don't shoot them, there not for my liking.
One thing I do like the most is to have people come out and camp ! So the invite is out there folks !
Bring your tarp and knock your self out ! There is so much to do in the wild and none of my kids care for it.
I met a lot of fr4iends that are from England and they all spend time out there in the summer, I find the enjoy the wild more then the people in Canada, I love to see them out there doing there own thing , taking a lot of pictures and just spending time in the wild. Again, There is always a spot for a fellow bush crafter or hunter on my land.

Land is extremely expensive and we are very restricted what we can do with the land and we always have to obtain planning permission from the local government, I guess your uk friend will tell you how limited our hunting is here, for most of us it limited to very small game such as rabbits and squirrels and some birds. Duck season is my favourite.

I met a couple 2 years ago at a car show and we started talking about camping and the great outdoors.
They had 8 kids and had never taken them camping do to the cost, I asked if they would like to come to my place to camp and it would be a great learning experience for the kids, They came out and this old guy took the note books and I-pad out of the hands as soon as they got there, The kids told me they had to do home work with them, lol, I told them school starts here with out them, they spent 2 weeks there, what an eye opener for them, the oldest boy went and signed up to take a forest ranger course as soon as they were back, I had more fun then they did.

It's good to get the youngsters out and away from the dam phones and game machines. With the iPhone it's way out of control kids are hooked and obsessed with these games

I met a couple 2 years ago at a car show and we started talking about camping and the great outdoors.
They had 8 kids and had never taken them camping do to the cost, I asked if they would like to come to my place to camp and it would be a great learning experience for the kids, They came out and this old guy took the note books and I-pad out of the hands as soon as they got there, The kids told me they had to do home work with them, lol, I told them school starts here with out them, they spent 2 weeks there, what an eye opener for them, the oldest boy went and signed up to take a forest ranger course as soon as they were back, I had more fun then they did.
I couldn't get enough of the woods as a kid, wild camping, fishing but nearly all those places are now housing estates

That was a nice thing to do TH......and it sounds like you got as much enjoyment from it as they did :thumbsup:

Too many activities are being stripped from the grasp of our youngsters.
Either through the costs involved....red tape....health and safety.......and insurance liabilities.
Even finding a location to get out in if you live in a City environment :(

Lot of pressure on parents these days just to pay the mortgage / bills.... and put food on the table.
Years ago things moved at a slower pace.......cant help but think it was actually better times then :)

Yes gents, that was also my dream !
Then my wife changed my mind, I started a 12 x 16 frame for a hunting shack, then it changed to a 28 x 28 frame cabin with siding , The water is from my well, I have no power, coal oil lamps, and a out house ! cabin.jpg

:oopsy:and just think, I have to make do with a dry ditch under a hedge:mad:o_O

That is very generous offer Marv...........So can I make a booking for the other 49 weeks you are not there :thumbsup::whistle::D
any time, just cut the grass ! That only takes 4 hrs on a riding mower, it was once a school ground, Back in 1912

Back