• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

YouTube's nanny policy

G1ZmO

Site Manager
Staff member
So, in 2017 we were at the Life In the Wilderness summer camp as a family. My, Mel and our son Daniel (11 at the time).

I took some video of him shooting at the plinking range which Dick set up. Link to my write up here. and the video here

Well, YouTube, in all it's nannying glory, have now decided that it breaks their policy because of a "minor participating in a dangerous activity that poses a risk of bodily injury"
It only took them 5 years lol

I also took him shooting at The Tunnel in Charmouth that year which I expect they'll also remove so take a look at it quickly before they do

Fecking nanny state plonkers!

Plinking range violation.png

The nanny state is getting even more oppressive, my Etsy shop has just been crippled because I sell pocket knives. All perfectly UK legal and within Etsy’s own rules but they’re panicking because of some article in the Guardian and BBClive.

Very nice to see young people learning to shoot without bags or bipods. In a time when deer and feral wild boar are increasing in numbers we may well need skilled marksmen in the future. Unfortunately the agenda is set by people who don’t fully understand the situation or competitive shooting

A friend/colleague of mine was running a training course, and had a complaint put in against him. He said, brace yourself for these heinous words………..”Little old lady”

I kid you not, a human being found it offensive! I would have told them to fu……..Go away.

Why we tolerate this crap I just don’t know. 🤷

The woke ! As little as an hour on google researching history will show that the woke crew are doing nothing new, the only thing new is the platform on which it is discussed or viewed, ie the tinternet and all it’s glorious whys of connection people…. They’ll soon discover the same as the rest of us, past and present,,,, we! ( the public) are governed and freedom comes at a cost ….

I’m all for people having rights and being treated fairly but there must be a line in the sand somewhere….

I’ve recently subscribed to this guy’s YouTube channel, I can’t help thinking he is talking quite a lot of good sense. Here he is talking about the recent firearms consultation which I did respond to.

Here is another one where he describes how the organisations (especially BASC) that represent shooting have let us down. BASC claims to represent the shooting community but in the main it represents game shooting with shotguns and was quite prepared to disenfranchise High Muzzle Energy target shooters with it’s responses to the latest consultation considering a .338 or .50bmg has never been used to commit a crime in the UK.

Last edited:
Back