• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Zebra Pot Baking

I'll check it out when I'm at the pc, I want to roast a chicken in one, maybe this year who knows :)

Hi Al.

Brilliant video mate......I could smell and taste the Chicken :rofl:
Nice bit of fresh Rabbit soaked overnight would be good too:thumbsup:
I'm very tempted now to buy a larger Zebra Can.......get some spuds in there too......use the smaller one to boil the veg :D

Luffly jubbly.

I know, I've just been looking at the pots, I think my MSR stowaway might just do it or the next size up, benefits are a handle, and flat top and bottom, no faff constructing a flat top or moving it around a fire imho

Sounds like a plan mate :thumbsup:
Have you a picture of the Stowaway?
You could hang that from a lightweight tripod instead of balancing the pot on top of the Firebox:)

Collapsible Aluminium Campfire Tripod - Ideal for cooking over a campfire

Can recommend these :thumbsup: legs are sectional and screw into each other........light and small before assembly :thumbsup:

I am sticking with the Zebra..........just ordered the 16cm.............I am hoping I can fit the 14cm inside of it to store.
Then place other items inside of that........scotch pad..... cloth........T towel and washing up liquid.

Bring on the Chicken........:rofl:

Often fancied doing a bit of baking in the field.
Fresh Bannock........current bread........nan bread.......or even warming a pie or pasty through.

There's nothing you can't cook in a Dutch oven, providing an open fire of course. I take it this stove is to be used on Gas etc?

Hi Boogie.

No mate.......to be used with a firebox stove using wood or charcoal.
A lightweight alternative to the Dutch Oven.

They're all stainless

Alpine Stowaway Pot, 775ml

I'm thinking that a couple of good branches on the lid should be 'ok' proof is in the testing, may do something this weekend in the garden as I can't get out :)

@Bopdude

Morning Al.:thumbsup:

Just looking at your pots again mate.
Would it be possible to turn your lids upside down to hold some embers on top?
Save messing about with sticks mate?

Just a thought.

I suppose you could support that over a camp for too Harry :thumbsup:
Or are they designed for gas burners only mate.....not seen one before :thumbsup:

Well I had a look at my MSR, the lid will turn upside down for coals, not a great fit though BUT, the pot is way to small to bake / roast in, it is the smaller of the pots in it's defence ;)

Back