• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Zebra Pot Baking

Will you get a bigger one Al....or go the Zebra route....or even something else entirely?
Waiting on the 16cm Zebra now.....I can feel a dinner in the woods coming on mate:thumbsup:;)

Well every (3) Zebra's I've bought I've moved on, without using them, I like them, just something about when I get them turns me off lol I'll probably get a 14cm, again, and try it this time.

Al............I have the 14 mate and would like to suggest you go for the 16cm.
The 14 is ok but the 16 gives that bit more room for baking or cooking a small chooken ;)

Just a suggestion ;)

Go BIG or go home sort of thing, I suppose if I'm getting 1 for heavyweight camping I should go large, as you say, you can always fill the space with gear ( food ) :)

Exactly that Al :thumbsup:

The Zebras actually weigh very little, as you know.........and as you say....pack the internals with other kit/food :thumbsup:
I am thinking of drilling for holes into the firebox at the bottom..........so I can peg it with some steel tent pegs to hold everything steady........especially on a forest floor.....may help to save accidentally falling over.....trials needed mate:):thumbsup:

Thanks for the offer, I have a bag sat in the shed from when I bought my gas bbq last year, would they increase the heat or absorb it without giving as much back though, no idea ?

I could send you some ;)

Thanks for the offer, I have a bag sat in the shed from when I bought my gas bbq last year, would they increase the heat or absorb it without giving as much back though, no idea ?

I could send you some ;)

That's nice of you Al..............thank you I will return your post mate. :thumbsup:

Maybe best if you try some first as we are both not sure if it will be any good:thumbsup:
I reckon it may hold the heat and defuse it?

Oh no, they're all doing it, an alternative ........ again.

Brilliant :).........it seems there are plenty of alternative methods mate.
I like that camping table.....saves bending too far :thumbsup:

What better way to produce a wholesome meal for you and a buddy........with team work you could get some veg on the go too.....or even do it solo :):thumbsup:

Wouldn’t mind a go at this. Always wanted to make bannock bread :thumbsup:

@Ark79

Join in with the "Camp Cooking Comunity" Mark :rofl:............did I really just say CAMP:whistle::rofl:

Cant think of a nicer way to pass an hour or two in the outdoors.........just the process of setting it up and doing it..........after all we are in no rush when living "Life In The Wilderness" :thumbsup::D

Morning Al :thumbsup:

I will have a look mate thanks for the link :thumbsup:
Have you made your mind up yet.....14 or 16? :D

Proper job Al.:thumbsup:

Now all we have to do is buy a Chicken :rofl:

We need some good recipes for Bannock..............Current Bread, caaaaaaakes and the likes now :D
Never baked any Bannock my self..............have you?

Proper job Al.:thumbsup:

Now all we have to do is buy a Chicken :rofl:

We need some good recipes for Bannock..............Current Bread, caaaaaaakes and the likes now :D
Never baked any Bannock my self..............have you?

Not in the field but at home yes, not baking but pan cooked, it was so easy to do I'll see if I can find the video link

That's it, stop looking everyone, our search is complete, I give you the ultimate ...........................................................................
bannock, bacon & egg supermuffin

Back