• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Zebra Pot Baking

Yes makes sense mate.....like my meat well done anyway.......just cook a bit longer as you say :thumbsup:

Another way I've cooked meat ( at home ) is in a steamer, I tried it ( successfully ) after asking at a carvery how they cooked their huge joints of meat. With an attachment there's no reason it wouldn't work in the bush ?

Hi Bill, probably a little off topic but my Yellowstone table arrived today. Tried to put it up and it collapsed. On examination it had been assembled wrong at the factory. Both the end straps were on the same side. Couldn't be bothered to send it back so into the workshop for a bit of drilling and re-riveting and all is well. Nice little unit and packs away quite small. I will e-mail to let them know the problem.

Hi Bill, probably a little off topic but my Yellowstone table arrived today. Tried to put it up and it collapsed. On examination it had been assembled wrong at the factory. Both the end straps were on the same side. Couldn't be bothered to send it back so into the workshop for a bit of drilling and re-riveting and all is well. Nice little unit and packs away quite small. I will e-mail to let them know the problem.

Glad you fixed the problem Dick :thumbsup: Still waiting on mine......hope I do not have the same issue:rolleyes::)

I have one Bill and never had a problem with the legs folding in @Bopdude it might depend on the ground, once opened I always push the legs in a bit

Proper job Joe :thumbsup:..........will have a good look at it when it arrives and try it out for stability........pushing the legs in a tad will help on soft ground for sure :thumbsup:

The Table and the 16cm Zebra pot turned up yesterday.

There does not appear to be any issues with the table.
I have decided to modify the 14cm pot by taking off the original handle and will replace it with a wire one.
Hopefully, I will then be able to store the 14 inside the 16.
The 16 will be the main baking oven.
Need to cut some stainless mesh to act as a grid above the stones for the baking tin to sit on.

Pictures of modifications and additions to follow........maybe some actual baking too.

The Table and the 16cm Zebra pot turned up yesterday.

There does not appear to be any issues with the table.
I have decided to modify the 14cm pot by taking off the original handle and will replace it with a wire one.
Hopefully, I will then be able to store the 14 inside the 16.
The 16 will be the main baking oven.
Need to cut some stainless mesh to act as a grid above the stones for the baking tin to sit on.

Pictures of modifications and additions to follow........maybe some actual baking too.

I have had a table like that for a while now & it is very handy. :thumbsup:

I keep coming back to possibly buying this one though to use during our longer stays in the woods. :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...c-b121-46ab-a50f-e5cb021c45cb&pf_rd_i=desktop

Yes, I saw one similar mate.....nice table :) it was a toss-up between the two :thumbsup:
Went for the lower one for better centre of gravity with the firebox and Zebra pot perched on top for baking/roasting. :thumbsup:
More of a stable platform.....I hope:D

Yes, I saw one similar mate.....nice table :) it was a toss-up between the two :thumbsup:
Went for the lower one for better centre of gravity with the firebox and Zebra pot perched on top for baking/roasting. :thumbsup:
More of a stable platform.....I hope:D

Good luck with the baking project buddy. :thumbsup:

I will be following your efforts with interest. :cool:

Been mulling over getting the 16cm pot for a while now though I do already own the 12cm one. :)

Good luck with the baking project buddy. :thumbsup:

I will be following your efforts with interest. :cool:

Been mulling over getting the 16cm pot for a while now though I do already own the 12cm one. :)

I think you have more options with the bigger 16 mate as far as baking and roasting goes.
The 12 would nest inside nicely:thumbsup:
When you see that breakfast muffin that Bop posted up.....it kind of makes it all worthwhile......imagine eating that in the morning mist with the sun coming up :whistle::rofl:

Take the pressure off @divebuddy and Jiff feeding us caaaaaaaake too :D

Home day today.

So went up to the shed and cut the mesh and ground off the 14cm pot handle.
The 14 now nests in the 16 sweet as :thumbsup:

DSC03175.JPG
DSC03176.JPG
DSC03177.JPG
DSC03178.JPG
DSC03179.JPG

Fire biscuits and ceramic beads will go in the tinder pouch.

Jobs a good'un :):thumbsup:

Back