• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Zodiac and outboard. . . Another boat project!

These are hard to find now, especially a good one, fingers crossed :) a four stroke 25hp would be almost unliftable o_O

These are hard to find now, especially a good one, fingers crossed :) a four stroke 25hp would be almost unliftable o_O
I agree, Look for a range of 2 strokes from 15 upwards

Getting harder and harder now to find joe, and you have to expect to pay all the money for a mint one. I sold my mint 1985 Yamaha 8hp for £900 no problem sad to see it go though :( but just no use for the 8hp my 3 outboards will be 5hp 15hp and 25hp for the current or any future inflatables.

Getting harder and harder now to find joe, and you have to expect to pay all the money for a mint one. I sold my mint 1985 Yamaha 8hp for £900 no problem sad to see it go though :( but just no use for the 8hp my 3 outboards will be 5hp 15hp and 25hp for the current or any future inflatables.
They cost a lot because 2 strokes are so reliable and also for the weight factor

I know and it's a myth that they are now banned they are not but you can only buy a new 2 stroke if your going to use it for commercial use.
4 stroke in a small size engine like an outboard doesn't really work in my opinion, Less max rpm, the need for cam shafts, valves etc less parts to fail and ultimately the weight they are. I think there are 4 stroke lawn mowers and other garden tools now :mad:

Could you just imagine trying to fix this nightmare on the beach with a multi tool when a pipe or connector fails joe! New Suzuki 15hp and 20hp fuel injection outboards:

Could you just imagine trying to fix this nightmare on the beach with a multi tool when a pipe or connector fails joe! New Suzuki 15hp and 20hp fuel injection outboards:

Wouldn't even attempt it mate, it was hard enough sticking a sheer pin into a Johnson 40

Back