• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

550 Cord

Soupy1957

Quite Talkative
The wife wanted me to take her to JoAnn Fabrics yesterday. "No Biggie" as they say. She makes lots of different things by hand and it is not unusual for her to ask me to take her to this chain of stores that has all kinds of materials and crafty sorts of things.

During the wait at the checkout...........what do I see? Sixteen foot lengths of "550 Parachute Cord! So I bought one (Camo Green).

When I got home, I immediately set out to replace my shoelace lanyards on my knives with the "550 cord" and managed to stab myself in my left hand with one of the knives (no worries........very minor.......just embedded the point of my Bowie knife enough to make it bleed in the fleshy part of the pad below my thumb. STUPID mistake that I don't normally make).

But anyway, the point of this posting is to let you know that for $2.50 American, you can get 16 feet of 550 Paracord at JoAnn Fabrics, is all.

Back