• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

An overnighter with my lad ( pic heavy ) part 1

Bopdude

Extremely Addicted
Hi all, just joined what looks like a great site, thought I would post a few pics of me and the lad, we were out weekend before last at Brockwell Woods, Blaydon near Newcastle, so

Lee on his first trip out with me, trying his hand at getting a fire going via Birch bark scrapings, success :)

20160227_152237.jpg

While he got the main fire going I got lunch on the go with gas

FB_IMG_1456589637091.jpg

Camp almost set up and firewood collection ongoing

20160227_174054.jpg

Plenty of deadfall so why not, it looks huge but the backdrop is / was a heat reflector that was burnt at the end of the night when temps dropped off, so relax with a 'mug' of vino while the starts of the stew simmered slowly :)

12776930_632476436884533_1545428_o.jpg

Night came all too soon, chorizo on the pan for part of the beef and chorizo stew, can't beat chorizo ;)

20160227_182851.jpg

Lee on his phone facebooking telling people where he was, they all thought we were mad, I would say the other way around

20160227_193218.jpg

20160227_152237_zpsobxa27u7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

looking good mate :) glad you had a great time

Thanks Matt, yeah both enjoyed it, is there a picture limit ? I had to amend the title to part 1 as I was getting an error message when trying for the next image, probably something I was doing ?

Hi Bop.

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.....always good to see people out there doing it.
Looks like a nice spot too.
I agree with you regards the Chorizo.......like mine mixed with cubed belly pork and a splash of five spice....add small tin of chopped tomatoes when brown and crispy....:thumbsup:

Hi Bop.

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.....always good to see people out there doing it.
Looks like a nice spot too.
I agree with you regards the Chorizo.......like mine mixed with cubed belly pork and a splash of five spice....add small tin of chopped tomatoes when brown and crispy....:thumbsup:

Like they say, without pictures it never happened :D The spot is on a working farm 7 miles or so from Newcastle centre with a fair number of pitches sort of set out with bricks in fire pits. Chorizo goes with anything, chicken risotto is another good when when you don't have to travel too far with it all, had to feed the 'little 'un' though, all 6' odd of him :D your recipe I'm gonna have to try, I likes my belly pork :)

Back