• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

armed trespass with sling shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartwave

Extremely Talkative
Hi just wondering if I take a sling shot to the park to shoot some rabbits and pigeons, if got caught by cops, in the worse case what will happen?

Is it armed trespass? Will i go to prison?

smartwave said:
Hi just wondering if I take a sling shot to the park to shoot some rabbits and pigeons, if got caught by cops, in the worse case what will happen?

Is it armed trespass? Will i go to prison?

can the worst case be that I get shot by armed cops?

i think if you start doin this your going to get nicked if u use it in an "antisocial" way or people feel threatened plus why the f*** would you want to i used to "play" with a slingshot when i was about 12 m8 how old are you. Every time someone uses a weapon ierrresponsibly it gets a little bit harder for people who put time effort and money into being gun owners that aren't thought of as loony gun nut weirdos.

Please don't shoot bunnies in the park - WITH ANYTHING! You will only start another generation of ANTI's!! Think how you would have reacted at a couple of years old seeing someone taking pot shots at bunnies - and with a SLINGSHOT!!

it will either come under the law of hunting on public land or cruelty to animals. with it being a park will just make things even worse. simply having a weapon in public without exceptional reason is against the law. so i wouldnt advise doing that

Bumped as it was being viewed by a guest.
Parks are usually subject to byelaws, in addition to the protection of mammals act, the wildlife and countryside act, the ground game act…..you would be taking game without lawful authority ie. poaching. Recently in a landmark case an adult was convicted of being in possession of an offensive weapon in a public place for just carrying a slingshot..
Anyone reading this in future….don’t be a prat, certainly not in public.

I think this is an example of legacy threads brought in when Matt took over other forums (fora, for the Latin pedants). I would just move the whole thread to the Post Bin, then nobody can see it.

I think this is an example of legacy threads brought in when Matt took over other forums (fora, for the Latin pedants). I would just move the whole thread to the Post Bin, then nobody can see it.

Totally agree............ I am surprised the original post got passed its first reply :rolleyes:

Best to ignore any further posts of this nature..... and not bump them.....leave them where they belong......buried and hopefully forgotten. :thumbsup:

I disagree, although it was a bit of a stupid question in the OP. I feel like it’s sometimes necessary to tell people objectively and unequivocally that whatever stupid thing they’re doing or thinking of doing is not alright. Just the fact that it was viewed by a guest shows they were searching the subject.

Looking at the previous replies in the OP.....I think the person asking the question got his answer in no uncertain terms!

Absolutely no need to bump this kind of rubbish.....and if a guest is searching the subject......what does that say about them?

Best to bury it Mike.

What I meant was I disagree that it should be post binned. There is an archive full of this stuff like this that is being constantly viewed by search engines and guests.
The life blood and value of any forum is in the number of hits it generates.

To bin, or not to bin, that is the question: Whether tis' nobler to sling it in the bin, or take up arms. And by opposing end them?....... I dunno! 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back