• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

bashas/tents

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
the shelter!!!!

some pople like to use bashas with bivi bags .....the good thing with a basha is it weigh,s next to nothing and can be put up in next to no time (ideal when its raining).....Highlander Army Basha | Ronnie Sunshines fishinwalkies use.s one of these (event in the winter) he,s nuts

if you have the luxury of traveling by car/jeep to the camp then you dont need to worry about how heavy your shelter/tent is i use one off these SoulPad.co.uk - Canvas Bell Tents and Tipis, Camping Stoves and Accessories. Camping With Style. - 3 Metre SoulPads®

if you are thinking of buying a tent make sure you spend wisely as i could all end it a swampy situation.......

bivi bags.........

bivi bags are a 100% water proof outer sleeping bag cover so if you wanted you wouldnt need a tent/basha ......
but to be honest these are fine for a night or two in good conditions but to be honest you would soon be wishing you had a basha over you as well .......​

i used to use a army issue poncho with my army issue 58 pattern sleeping bag. the ponch clipped onto the bottom of the bag and you then added a pole to the other end to make a basha type shelter . with the base of the bag being pvc coated it was almost like a bivi bag. we did then get bivi bags through my mates dad . i had a single hoop one

I can see some requests coming in for your mate and his dads "favours!!!!!!!

Thats the way I do it now mate, the best way......unless I am building my own shelter from the land around me!!!!

picking up my basha and mossie tent next week....thought i may be different and go for a dessert color basha

Back