• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

BIG CATS IN THE UK ??

Wouldn't it be great to go for your little wildcamp in the "cultivated" home counties, yet know there may be a puma, a lynx, a wolf somewhere .............love it :thumbsup:

would be something seeing them in the wild right enough

• Love
Reactions: lol
a short video, however it’s definitely bigger than an average moggie 🐈‍⬛

Black cat my arse :rofl: it isn't even moving like a cat which would not run around with its tail in the air like that........far to relaxed behaviour too🤔

Nope......not convinced :whistle::D

I’d say it does walk like a cat but it didn’t look that big; the rails of the track next to it are 4’8 1/2” apart which made that cat about two feet long; a panther even a wiry one would be twice that size at least.

Based on that (non)expert technical detail I’d say he’s taken some footage of a cat, quite a big one but not a Big Cat.

I’d say it does walk like a cat but it didn’t look that big; the rails of the track next to it are 4’8 1/2” apart which made that cat about two feet long; a panther even a wiry one would be twice that size at least.

Based on that (non)expert technical detail I’d say he’s taken some footage of a cat, quite a big one but not a Big Cat.

That makes sense 38

The video shows what I would describe as a large domestic cat, not a big cat. If you take the hight of the rail as a reference it isn't much more than 2.5x the hight of the rail.

Just shows with videos like this how much of a diverse take on what is actually in the video...

the man taking the video obviously thought he was seeing something out of the ordinary, and I must admit it dose look larger than the average domestic cat IMO.

Big pussy cats! Phaaa........The banks of the River Dart.
D63511B9-C073-4F23-B28D-45D7E92FDF68.jpeg

Make a nice pair oh boots that buger, have at it ! While I stand back 😂

did you take these yourself @Big Red ?

Yes I did, I love taking pictures of wild life. The first Croc was taken in Kruger National Park, the second in iSimangaliso wetlands, Kwazulu Natal........So fear not, they are not in Debm! 👍😀

Yes I did, I love taking pictures of wild life. The first Croc was taken in Kruger National Park, the second in iSimangaliso wetlands, Kwazulu Natal........So fear not, they are not in Debm! 👍😀

shame as I would love to see them up close in the wild , instead of on the tv lol. Or a cage ! What a feeling you must of had taken them pictures red 👍🏻

lucky man 😁

How times change, as children when we went fishing for tilapia or catfish with our bits of wood....we always took our catapults (no child would ever go out without a home made catapult).....and then ping pebbles at the crocs lying in the water, until they came in, irritated, then we would scoot off!!

How times change, as children when we went fishing for tilapia or catfish with our bits of wood....we always took our catapults (no child would ever go out without a home made catapult).....and then ping pebbles at the crocs lying in the water, until they came in, irritated, then we would scoot off!!

Where were you lol, sounds great fun!

The best childhood......west African bush................ :)

Back