• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

North East Brockwell again

Bopdude

Extremely Addicted
Well managed to get out for a quick solo, the weather forecast was dry cool so it was hammock time, having sold my UQ a while back I improvised, as seen in the pictures I turned 1 part of my Canadian forces sleeping system into a cocoon, worked well enough but needs a quick easy mod for a fortnights time ( when I'm meant to be there next )

So, I arrived after a stressful morning to peace.

20171111_153419.jpg

Picked a spot and made camp

20171111_144632.jpg

Night time temps were meant to be getting chilly so I made a small upside down fire just for effect

20171111_171915.jpg

I had eaten a couple of venison steaks when I first got there, sorry, no pics were taken during this pig fest ;)

Second tea was my go to meal now, pasta and sauce with dried bacon mixed in, starter main and dessert all in 1 photo :D

20171111_172630.jpg

I don't like cutting limbs if I don't have to just to make a bush chair, even though Hazel does benefit from a pruning, or so I'm led to believe ? So I adapted, bush chair MK11

20171111_180646.jpg

It was from here that I sat and drank, ate my meals, very comfy, so much so that I managed to lay out on it lol

So the fire was entertainment, short and sweet, I had already planned on an early night so once the fire had burned away I did just that, crawled into bed

20171111_172409.jpg

Short trip, there are a few more pics but I thought you'll get the gist, thanks for looking :)

Well managed to get out for a quick solo, the weather forecast was dry cool so it was hammock time, having sold my UQ a while back I improvised, as seen in the pictures I turned 1 part of my Canadian forces sleeping system into a cocoon, worked well enough but needs a quick easy mod for a fortnights time ( when I'm meant to be there next )

So, I arrived after a stressful morning to peace.

View attachment 11648

Picked a spot and made camp

View attachment 11649

Night time temps were meant to be getting chilly so I made a small upside down fire just for effect

View attachment 11650

I had eaten a couple of venison steaks when I first got there, sorry, no pics were taken during this pig fest ;)

Second tea was my go to meal now, pasta and sauce with dried bacon mixed in, starter main and dessert all in 1 photo :D

View attachment 11651

I don't like cutting limbs if I don't have to just to make a bush chair, even though Hazel does benefit from a pruning, or so I'm led to believe ? So I adapted, bush chair MK11

View attachment 11652

It was from here that I sat and drank, ate my meals, very comfy, so much so that I managed to lay out on it lol

So the fire was entertainment, short and sweet, I had already planned on an early night so once the fire had burned away I did just that, crawled into bed

View attachment 11653

Short trip, there are a few more pics but I thought you'll get the gist, thanks for looking :)
Looks like you had a good time Alan nice location and photos

Looks like you had a good time Alan nice location and photos

It is a great spot I like how they put up fire pits for the campers, nice touch :) had a very chilled out afternoon night and morning, back to the madness that is 'normal' life now though lmao :D

LOL, yeah I have one, there wasn't rain forecast so I didn't bother covering up, thanks for the thought though :)

Good luck to you both....look forward to hearing all about it soon:thumbsup:
Are you both Hammocking again?

Thanks for the good wishes, what could go wrong, as my better half says, meeting strangers in the wood with Vaseline and knives lmao, we'll be fine, looking forward to it, and yes, both hammocking :)

Back