• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bushcraft/Wildcamping Members Poems.

I live for my love of the South country
My gently rolling downs
With a glimpse of the trees through the pine trees
And the sweet songs of birds all around
My heart belongs in the south country
And here I grew up as a child
Were I wandered the fields and the forests
And studied life in the wilderness
I can sit in the south country
Here I can sit and take note
Share my thoughts with my friends
And show them the words that I wrote
You can bury me here in my south country
With a tree standing over my grave
I need no long drawn out service Just
Just a place that nature has made

The road outside is busy, everyone seems so stressed. Each person that passes the window is miserable, I'm the same, like all the rest.

I have a way to escape, the strife and the pain. My trips into the wilderness, make me whole again.

Under the ancient oak, or the boughs of the fragrant pine, I know I can feel free here, I know this time is mine.

Wether in solitude, or with some company,
Around the fire I sit, with my cup of tea.
If I'm resting in my hammock, or whittling some treen, being right here and now, beats anything on screen.

You see I adore the wilderness, it's my life.
I love it with as much of my heart as my Daughter and my Wife.

Without my piece of heaven, here amongst the trees, I don't think I'd have made it this far, see modern life is cruel and has left a nasty scar.

As long as I have my wilderness, My wife and daughter too, I know no matter what crosses my path somehow I'll make it through.

Just like all life on this planet, from the earth is where I came, and I'll go back, just like the trees, to become the earth again.

Until I'm old and weary, and I have had my turn, ill show the ones I love, how to light a campfire, and sit and watch it burn.

I'll teach them that a man, cannot live on bread alone, that he too needs food for his soul and it won't be on the streets of home.

I'll teach them that no matter, how dark life can get, that there's one thing to bring you peace and that's a sure bet. Go spend some time in the wilderness. Keep some time apart. For spending time with her, will mend your soul and heart.

The road outside is busy, everyone seems so stressed. Each person that passes the window is miserable, I'm the same, like all the rest.

I have a way to escape, the strife and the pain. My trips into the wilderness, make me whole again.

Under the ancient oak, or the boughs of the fragrant pine, I know I can feel free here, I know this time is mine.

If I'm resting in my hammock, or whittling some treen, being right here and now, beats anything on screen.

Without my piece of heaven, here amongst the trees, I don't think I'd have made it this far, see modern life is cruel and has left a nasty scar.

As long as I have my wilderness, My wife and daughter too, I know no matter what crosses my path somehow I'll make it through.

Just like all life on this planet, from the earth is where I came, and I'll go back, just like the trees, to become the earth again.

Until I'm old and weary, and I have had my turn, ill show the ones I love, how to light a campfire, and sit and watch it burn.

I'll teach them that a man, cannot live on bread alone, that he too needs food for his soul and it won't be on the streets of home.

I'll teach them that no matter, how dark life can get, that there's one thing to bring you peace and that's a sure bet. Go spend some time in the wilderness. Keep some time apart. For spending time with her, will mend your soul and heart.

beautiful Jon

Sat by the fire with nothing to do
Just chill out, relax, and take in the view
The smoke billowing up and away out of sight
The fire getting brighter with the onset of night
My shelter is up and ready to go
It will keep me safe from rain and from snow
The kettle is on and its time for a brew
While I sit in the chair preparing my stew
Now belly full, hydrated and fed, my eyes are heavy,its time for bed.
But before I go for my well earned nap
I must grab the "Green Tray"......and go for a crap.

Nite Nite.

Sat by the fire with nothing to do
Just chill out, relax, and take in the view
The smoke billowing up and away out of sight
The fire getting brighter with the onset of night
My shelter is up and ready to go
It will keep me safe from rain and from snow
The kettle is on and its time for a brew
While I sit in the chair preparing my stew
Now belly full, hydrated and fed, my eyes are heavy,its time for bed.
But before I go for my well earned nap
I must grab the "Green Tray"......and go for a crap.

Nite Nite.
Well old man your full of surprises

Back