• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Busted 2 (literally)

38thfoot

Very Addicted
Keyboard warrior for a while; fell off my mountain bike and broken my collar bone.

E26EBCF2-24C7-4E1E-B252-7FB3FE320B60.jpeg

Blimey! 38, sorry to see that mate, that really is a break. I just cracked mine years ago and that was painful enough.
Light duties for a while then...:D

Sorry to hear it 38th. You'll be lifting nothing heavier than a cup of tea for a little while. Good luck, I hope it heals right.

Ooyah !. Get yourself down to sickbay for a couple of brufen, apparently its a cure all according to the military. ;)

Sorry to hear it mate, hope you heal soon.

My comiserations . The collar bone is the only one i've ever broken and that was at school playing football , goal line melee and i fell against the post. Arm in a sling for some time and a wide plaster across my back and getting that off was probably the most painful part. The doctor ripped in off in one quick go rather than cause me pain over a longer period by trying to take it off bit by bit. Looking back it makes sense but looking back i can still remember the pain and tears.

Painkillers and sling. The bit where the pretty doctor manipulated it back into place stung!

I had something similar with a fractured elbow, the nurse distracting me with a "you don't have much of a Scottish accent..." as she yanked my arm up to put in the sling. My "Ooyah fecker" prompted a "There it is". :lol:

Is it your dominant arm that you've done 38, its amazing what you can quickly learn to do with your other arm/hand when needs must. ;)

commiserations 38. i pulled a similar trick a few years ago and did my wrist in. the only real injury i'd had in 25 years of mountain biking but it was a doosy! unlike yours there was no chance i was ever going to fully recover from it due to the damage done, and i haven't. but hey, still kicking, and it got me into bushcrafting again so wtf.

best wishes to you for a speedy recovery. i hope you've got a comfy computer chair. ;)

Forgot to finish my post...sorry!! What teef said indeedy!!!

Been back to the fractures clinic; bone fused together and healing, able to reduce painkillers during the day and expected no need to wear a sling all day. Expected to make a full recovery and back on my bike mid August.

That's good news 38, I trust your's was set properly, unlike mine that was done by a foreign gentleman that I think did his Doctor's Degree in an flat pack furniture factory....:lol:

DSCF6260.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF6260.jpg
    DSCF6260.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Haha
Reactions: Bam
It's really difficult to admit the pain is agonising when you're looking strait into her beautiful calm eyes...that's how masochism begins. Next thing you know it will be nipple clamps and waxing at the hands of some pretty young thing in a latex nurse outfit..... It's the start of a slippery slope 38th....and there's no way back.

It's really difficult to admit the pain is agonising when you're looking strait into her beautiful calm eyes...that's how masochism begins. Next thing you know it will be nipple clamps and waxing at the hands of some pretty young thing in a latex nurse outfit..... It's the start of a slippery slope 38th....and there's no way back.

do we have the name of said hospital 😁 and the name of said nurse😊 just for enquires you see 😊

Back