• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Camping this weekend.

lee

Slightly Obsessed
I planned a camping trip this weekend based on boating, fishing and lazing about the beach but now looking at the weather i dont think I will be doing a lot of that if so we will be reverting to some bushcraft activities and skills around the camp and maybe some beach combing ;)

Nice one, remember, without pictures it never happened, I'm out on a solo this weekend, stealth camp in a new spot, looking forward to it.

Have a good one m8 :thumbsup:

Am out on Saturday with my daughter checking out a new patch of forest to see if we can get a camp somewhere for a few over nighters :D

Enjoy your trips out guys....hope the weather is kind to you all.
Look forward to seeing some nice photos / videos..........don't forget to pack your cameras:thumbsup:

Enjoy your trips out guys....hope the weather is kind to you all.
Look forward to seeing some nice photos / videos..........don't forget to pack your cameras:thumbsup:

Morning bill
Alway got the camara :D
And al be taking the your loop with me to al give it a good workout and post up the results :thumbsup:

Well packed and loaded just can't get into the swing of it today, I think I'm done with camping unless the weather is really good..

For a bank holiday the weather is looking surprisingly good Lee :eek:.....be a shame to off load that kit again mate;):D

Back, a good weekend, weather was ok but we returned last night as font want to pack up in the rain, lots of pics to post up later.

Camping at Hastings pics.

The campsite.

tent fields were quite!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Emergency tent pegs with the SOG revolver.

image.jpeg

This is not a bit of me! (the hard standing caravan area)

image.jpeg

Off the floor small fire ( We put coal on the charcoal once we was done cooking) and some camp grub:

image.jpeg

Our version of the all day breakfast in a tin! we call it a fry down, not to be confused with a fry up :rofl: all organic, fry the sausage and mushrooms then add the egg cook the egg it until the yoke is cooked hard then chop it up, then add the beans. Beats the tin version with the horrible little pink sausages!

image.jpeg

Pork belly.

image.jpeg

Some nettle tea.

image.jpeg

Omelet.

image.jpeg

Fry down with, egg, pork belly, mushrooms, tomatoes.

image.jpeg

Beach cooking and out on the boat (we only took a small inflatable boat that we keep in one of the vehicles we didn't take the RIB or kayak) it was slightly choppy and we pushed this little boat to its limits but there was no pan pan, mayday or smoke deployed :rolleyes:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

We hiked from the campsite through Hastings country park to fairlight cove, we spend the day there then walked from fairlight to rock a nor via other coves, found some oysters near fairlight.
In total about a 6 miles mix of hiking and walking.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If you look closely you can see the camp someone has set camp up in the cove, it wasn't a one night set up! They had hand made furniture incorporating drift wood, nice setup whoever you are :) we didn't get to chat to the camp occupants as they were out.

image.jpeg

Just about every shell fish here. . .

image.jpeg

Mussels.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Oysters.

image.jpeg

Back