• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Cast iron pans - aldi

I swear by iron frying pans, once they're seasoned their non stick qualities are far better than Teflon without all the environmental issues.

I swear by iron frying pans, once they're seasoned their non stick qualities are far better than Teflon without all the environmental issues.

Maybe just me but I struggle with frying eggs on cast iron, even well seasoned. I do like it though.

I'm guessing it just you Bam, ;) I've found it impossible to get eggs to stick in a well seasoned iron pan. Even after frying onions that release sugars that would make ordinary Teflon frying pans sticky. The trick is to get the oil hot before putting any food in. Once the pan is seasoned it should never be cleaned using detergent ever again and at first will need additional stove top seasoning at 170 degrees C for about 90 minutes

I'm guessing it just you Bam, ;) I've found it impossible to get eggs to stick in a well seasoned iron pan. Even after frying onions that release sugars that would make ordinary Teflon frying pans sticky. The trick is to get the oil hot before putting any food in. Once the pan is seasoned it should never be cleaned using detergent ever again and at first will need additional stove top seasoning at 170 degrees C for about 90 minutes

I've got a well seasoned pan, to be fair, I've spat my dummy so not used it for eggs for a while. We have a few domestic ones that I don't like either for fried eggs.

My good women just pointed these out to me....looks like I could end up with a set lol

Reactions: Bam
Back