• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Common problem with blow torch lighters and mini clipper

lee

Slightly Obsessed
If you having trouble with your blow torch lighter is probably because youve got an air lock and it needs bleeding, fill the lighter whilst you hold down the button hence the valve is open, fill with can upside down.

make sure the lighter is not ignited whilst filling/bleeding!

Found some mini clipper lighters on devilbay perfect for survival kits.

P3110011.jpg

Attachments

• P3110011.jpg
    P3110011.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 513
If you having trouble with your blow torch lighter is probably because youve got an air lock and it needs bleeding, fill the lighter whilst you hold down the button hence the valve is open, fill with can upside down.

make sure the lighter is not ignited whilst filling/bleeding!

Found some mini clipper lighters a on devilbay perfect for survival kits.

View attachment 4626

If you can lee, get the mini Bic lighters as they used to have flame adjustment which makes them better for colder conditions.

Personally I prefer the disposable (but refillable) slim lighters with piezo ignition for my emergency kits, getting wet doesn't seem to bother them like a flint lighter and they have flame adjustment. Neat trick with bleeding the air out though, never thought of that.

I would rather go with flint and wheel as you will still catch tinder with flint sparks,

Hi,
In my kit I have two mini lighters - actually one of each type to enjoy the benefits of both :)

Back