• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Cross country yacht...

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
Been AWOL in Sussex for a couple of days. Organising the transport of my boat from Sussex to Wales..Arrghh! Nightmare..
Tuesday it blew a hooli in West Sussex so the Boatyard couldn't unstep the mast, too windy..Eventually got the mast down and stowed on deck and I spent a couple of hours lashing the mast in place ready for the boat to be lifted aboard a flat bed lorry tomorrow.
P1040826.jpg

All being well she should be in her new home by Thursday evening. If it had been Summer time I might have sailed her round, but Lands End, the North Cornwall and Devon coast is a lee shore and I haven't got the bottle to risk it in a 21 foot boat with the winter gales set in.

Attachments

• P1040826.jpg
    P1040826.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 12
A couple of years ago I took Ken's (aka Rasputin's) yacht from Newhaven in E. Sussex to Aberdovey in Mid Wales. No cheating with a lorry for us - sailed it all the way. :)

Well done. I've got 2 single handed Atlantic crossings in my log book, but I wouldn't take a 21 footer, single handed into the Western Approaches in November. I'm happy to cheat...:lol:

Last edited:
Well done. I've got 2 single handed Atlantic crossings in my log book, but I wouldn't take a 21 footer, single handed into the Western Approaches in November. I'm happy to cheat...:lol:
I wouldn't either. We had a 32ft cat and did it in September. Only rained once the whole way, which took us most of the month.

Im guessing youll be mooring near Pembroke / Milford somewhere? Mate of mine has his boat down there, lovely stretch of water.

Im guessing youll be mooring near Pembroke / Milford somewhere? Mate of mine has his boat down there, lovely stretch of water.

Yes, that's the plan. Went to see the Milford Haven Harbour Authority today. Very helpful they were too, gave me a list of various moorings, Marinas etc:
My boat arrived about 15.30 hrs. Now safely ashore in a yard within easy travelling distance of home. :thumbsup:

Ah cool. I know the area well. Im about 40 mins from Milford. Carmarthen myself

My cousin lives just upriver from Milford about a mile past the bridge and has his boat moored a bit higher round the bend in shelter. Nice area.

I haven't had a chance to explore locally at all yet. Everything is new, at least to me, as living on my boat things like Council Tax, electricity bills in the post and all the other gubbins connected with settled life ashore is taking some time to sort out. Now my boat is close by I'll start looking for a mooring. As you say Divebuddy, there are some nice sheltered places to moor a small boat, so now I've sorted my admin out I can take the time to recce various places.

Reactions: Bam
Back