• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Day trip (picture heavy)

Hi Mark :)

Brilliant post and pictures mate....thanks for sharing them with us:thumbsup:

For a first go a a raised platform...I reckon you have made a nice job of it mate....don't knock it.
When your out using axes and knives at some point we are bound to end up with a cut or bruise.....sod law......done it myself with a saw once....raked it down my thumb:(:D

In the picture....it looked like you were soooo close at getting an ember with the bow drill.....I don't suppose having a sore finger helped you much.....next time a ?:)

I see in the pictures there are a lot of pine cones on the deck.....had any thoughts about bagging a few up to dry out?

Hope you both enjoyed your Tattie lunch.:D

Quality time with your Daughter....lasting memories for you both.

Totally honest post showing warts 'n all...........good on you mate:thumbsup:

Just to add.....its a good job your Daughter has her Mothers look's.......bless her:p:rofl::rofl:

Be nice to enter one of the pictures of you both in the forum photo competition budd........"dya ken wut am sayin":D

Nice one Mark.....and Daughter:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes bill thanks for pointing out she has her mothers looks :rofl::rofl: a would have to agree :D

And as for the bow drill m8 a could get plenty of smoke but no ember :( a think a was using the rong wood or something but practice makes perfect:D so they say :rofl:

Looks bloody quality mate, glad you got to get out in the end. Did your daughter enjoy it?

It was joe thanks and yeah she loved it especially when a warned her about being safe with her knife and then a chopped my finger with the axe. priceless! :rofl:

Congratulations on having a great day out with your daughter and in such a great environment Mark, as for chopping your finger remember pain is only sensation and sensation is something to be enjoyed:rofl:

Thanks joe a enjoyed every minute of it

And pain is only a sensation but ooooo it hurt:rofl::rofl:

Back