• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

EDC Mini Kit (organised at last)

nedbushcrafter

Very Addicted
IMG_20160919_190009.jpg
Well i had as a present a Maxpedition edc micro pocket organiser so as you can imagine in my job i carry alsorts and most of it is in disarray and sometimes as you know trying to find thr knife or pen you want you are constantly hunting around amongst all the other rubbish like sheep tags and bits of paper but now i have this pouch its made a huge world of
difference i uploaded a picture
of
What i carry everday
The breakdown of my kit in there is as follows one multi bit micro screwdriver one self defence pen handy as a last resort one wolf eye q5 led tulip pen light 200 lumens one firesteelwith magnesium top is mini titanium pry bar one edc clip 20 in 1tool and 2 knives and yes I carry a mechanical pocket watch recently I cannot wear a watch coz I kill the batteries dead oh and my tobacco and zippo covered for anything lol

Looks the business ned:thumbsup:

A like the Woden handle knife with the twist lock at the top (a forget what there called lol)
I had one a long time ago but mine had the saw blade.

Cheers mark the wooden handled knife is a opinel no8 in carbon steel I've had that knife years the other one is a jack pyke gamekeeper knife ive got a couple of extra bits to add to it yet a freznel lens a piece of fat wood and some make up pads behind the elastics there's 2 pouches I was thinking of adding a signal mirror as well

That's the name ( opinel ) lol

Make up pads :rolleyes: never took you for the type ned:rofl::rofl:

Joking aside m8 all that stuff should finish it of nicely:thumbsup:

There doing signal mirrors on the bay just now pretty cheap. Unbreakable...well that's what the add says

Well I put the usual stuff I carry everyday in there plus a few extra bits as a just in case I'm thinking about buying the next size one up for my pack try to make it more organised means I can shed some bags and tins then lighten the loada bit and it means less searching around for stuff which sometimes can be a real pain hunting round in tthe dark for

I'll have a look on eBay for one of those mirrors my freznel lenses I had 4 for £2.95 so always handy and I expect the spates will come in at some stage

Tell ya Lee makes a big difference now mate at least I can go straight to what iI need now without the usual hunting through pockets

How about a spare battery for the torch and some rubber inner tube for wet weather fire lighting?

Extra batteries be a good idea could use a few ranger bands to hold em together be handy for fire lighting good idea Lee

Tin foil will be handy for signalling, and making a cup to boil a brew or water.

There is my maxpeditian janus mini pack full of goodies I can add or remove the fixed blade bushy knife depending on situation ;) the whole set up fits in the side pocket of combats or a coat pocket.

image.jpeg

That's a nice pouch that Lee I'm defo gonna get the medium size pouch now its just the organised thing I like the idea of esp if ya looking for something in a hurry

I recommend the maxpedition Janus mate very versitle.

View attachment 7968 Well i had as a present a Maxpedition edc micro pocket organiser so as you can imagine in my job i carry alsorts and most of it is in disarray and sometimes as you know trying to find thr knife or pen you want you are constantly hunting around amongst all the other rubbish like sheep tags and bits of paper but now i have this pouch its made a huge world of
difference i uploaded a picture
of
What i carry everday
The breakdown of my kit in there is as follows one multi bit micro screwdriver one self defence pen handy as a last resort one wolf eye q5 led tulip pen light 200 lumens one firesteelwith magnesium top is mini titanium pry bar one edc clip 20 in 1tool and 2 knives and yes I carry a mechanical pocket watch recently I cannot wear a watch coz I kill the batteries dead oh and my tobacco and zippo covered for anything lol
I can't in all honesty see the point, I can carry all I need in one pocket but if it makes you happy then I'm fine with that

They are handy to keep bits together joe, I've lost many an item lose in my pockets over the years

Back