• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Family camping on Friday - Who knows where?

G1ZmO

Site Manager
Staff member
We've been invited along to join another family camping on Friday night this weekend.

I don't know yet where it'll be, but apparently the site has fire pits. :)
It also happens to be my birthday on Saturday (52) so I'm looking forward to it immensely.

There's a chance of a forthcoming video of said camp. Somewhere around the 99% mark I'd guess. LOL

Wonder if my Nordic Summer repellent will arrive in time...

Have you found out where yet? @Pelagia

Hi, Paul.

Here's wishing you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Saturday hope you have a memorable one:thumbsup::)
Fingers crossed for you, for kind weather, and less of the wee beasties on the day of the camp:D

Look forward to the video......please dont edit out the falling over :thumbsup::rofl::rofl:

Happy Birthday, have a great camp (somewhere) and you can always by the long burn mossie candles from go outdoors

Thanks folks, had a good couple of nights and a great birthday.

Fairly windy all the time and especially overnight but we were fine.
Had a nice afternoon in the pub in Thornhill with Mel, her friend, the kids & dog. Shared some birthday drinks with a local called Clive who was 64. He was drinking rum so it would have been rude not to have joined him :)
Taught Daniel and Jamie how to play pool. Then had a windy bbq/campfire.

Incidentally the campsite has a Sea-King helicopter which has been converted into a lodge.

20170624-IMG_1231.jpg 20170624-IMG_1238.jpg 20170625-IMG_1321.jpg 20170623-IMG_1215.jpg

Spot on m8...looks like a good time..glad you had a good birthday....a won't ask your age old yin:sneaky::whistle::rofl:

You look like a very happy man with your Guinness Paul :thumbsup::D
Novel idea for the Sea-king.......how good is that.

Great pictures thanks for sharing.....glad you all had a good time:thumbsup:

Nice one Gizz :thumbsup: There was programme i watched on TV, George Clarkes Amazing Spaces, about that campsite, when they bought the Sea King Helicopter and how they kitted it out. Be a great experience spending a few nights in it :)

Back