• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

FIRE BISCUITS

Nice demo and video mark......they are so worth having when its all against you....and will in most cases save the day :thumbsup:
Only thing I would add to that is a drop of Lamp Oil into the molten wax....and stir.... before dipping the pads :thumbsup:
In the amount of wax you melted in the video I would have added two teaspoon fulls :)

Good job mate :thumbsup:

Nice demo and video mark......they are so worth having when its all against you....and will in most cases save the day :thumbsup:
Only thing I would add to that is a drop of Lamp Oil into the molten wax....and stir.... before dipping the pads :thumbsup:
In the amount of wax you melted in the video I would have added two teaspoon fulls :)

Good job mate :thumbsup:

Thanks mate 👍🏻
Cheers fur the tip bill, am going to be making more so a will try and get some lamp oil and do that 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

We all do things differently Mark :thumbsup: and there is nowt wrong with your method at all mate:)
It was just a thought buddy :thumbsup::D

We all do things differently Mark :thumbsup: and there is nowt wrong with your method at all mate:)
It was just a thought buddy :thumbsup::D

All advice is welcome bill😁 and as it’s my first time , tweaking the recipe as you suggested sounds good to me, a don’t have lamp oil so will have to get some. Any hoo a need time in the shed away from these lot so way not 😂

As mentioned Mark, I've melted vaseline into the wax also when I've made these before but I may go with the lamp oil next time

I have an old soup can which I stick on the hob and melt the candles in that rather than messing up a pot. Think I got about 30 biscuits out of 3/4 a can of melt last time.

As mentioned Mark, I've melted vaseline into the wax also when I've made these before but I may go with the lamp oil next time

I have an old soup can which I stick on the hob and melt the candles in that rather than messing up a pot. Think I got about 30 biscuits out of 3/4 a can of melt last time.

soup can👍🏻👍🏻 A will use that next time 😁

I needed to pluck up courage to post this...Now the pink Fire Biscuits I made....I just happened to have some old semi burnt out candles..honest...I don't normally do pink...:oopsy:...Honest.

DSCF5143.jpg

DSCF5144.jpg

DSCF5146.jpg

I will try the lamp oil booster next time too...:thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSCF5143.jpg
    DSCF5143.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF5144.jpg
    DSCF5144.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF5146.jpg