• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

FISHING 😁

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
Early morning fishing 😁 love it , home now but might head back up at 6 for a little surface fishing

Didn’t catch nothing, I had one run tho and missed it 👎
901F419A-FEDF-4887-917A-87BD550BB015.jpeg

Worth the trip Mark :thumbsup: ........nothing nicer than driving home with a smile on your face:D
look's to be in good condition.......proper job.

always adds to the fun bill, most of his fish are in lovely condition, however his large pond is going down hill a little with the weed, not enough fish in it and he’s not stalking it….. not sure why and haven’t seen him around to ask .. met a few people complaining 👎 might offer to clean it up for him if I get time

am always game when fishing Al 😎

just trout buddy, been salmon fishing once, didn’t catch nowt lol . Would love to take a salmon on the fly tho, iv heard it’s like trout +10

what about yourself ?
I used to do a fair bit, Salmon, Sea Trout and Trout, we used to fish the Eamont, Tweed and Wooler Water, to name a few, some reservoirs too, same as you, would love to take a Salmon on the fly, we used to use various methods but if the fish were running fresh then a prawn mounted onto a treble hook floated down was killer, used to get some nice double figure fish, those were the days.

I used to do a fair bit, Salmon, Sea Trout and Trout, we used to fish the Eamont, Tweed and Wooler Water, to name a few, some reservoirs too, same as you, would love to take a Salmon on the fly, we used to use various methods but if the fish were running fresh then a prawn mounted onto a treble hook floated down was killer, used to get some nice double figure fish, those were the days.
I think they tie a heavy rock to your neck and throw you in if they catch you using a pawning rig or trebles on the river Wye these days.

I don't remember it being illegall on the rivers we fished back then, mind you that was 30 odd years ago, maybe I was led astray?

I don't remember it being illegall on the rivers we fished back then, mind you that was 30 odd years ago, maybe I was led astray?
I'm not sure it's nationally illegal as such but it isn't allowed on Wye and Usk foundation waters. Many smaller fisheries and stretches of minor rivers here are fly only.

always adds to the fun bill, most of his fish are in lovely condition, however his large pond is going down hill a little with the weed, not enough fish in it and he’s not stalking it….. not sure why and haven’t seen him around to ask .. met a few people complaining 👎 might offer to clean it up for him if I get time

@Ark79

That is a shame Mark.

You never know.....if you have another chat to some of the lads around the lake.....there may be a few others willing to improve the weed situation......might even get a small work party together.......swop numbers and arrange a date and time?.......ease the burden......and make some new fishing buddies.

Good luck with it :thumbsup:

@Ark79

That is a shame Mark.

You never know.....if you have another chat to some of the lads around the lake.....there may be a few others willing to improve the weed situation......might even get a small work party together.......swop numbers and arrange a date and time?.......ease the burden......and make some new fishing buddies.

Good luck with it :thumbsup:

that’s a thought bill 👍🏻 A lot easier if there was a few as you say 😁

I'm not sure it's nationally illegal as such but it isn't allowed on Wye and Usk foundation waters. Many smaller fisheries and stretches of minor rivers here are fly only.

same here, however they do use worms and spinners

Back