• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Forward planning...

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
Usually I wear cheap surplus or civvy copy trousers when wandering around in the woods or camping. Never been into the £75 + Bushcraft high fashion stuff and not a fan of Gucci kit in general. I thought something with knee protection would be a good plan in case I take a tumble and wreck my new knees

I had a nose around and came up with these at just under £20 inc Vat. Heavy cotton/polyester Drill. Loads of pockets, zipped under flaps on thighs so secure closures. Phone pocket, pen pocket ( Ferro pocket?) etc: and 2 tuck-away what should be nail pockets, but will make great forage pockets. When not in use they fit inside the side pockets. Major point for me was the knee pad feature, so I bought some cheap foam pads and cut them to size for the knee pockets.

The trousers are treble stitched, bar tacks on all stress points and as tough as old boots, but will not be quick drying I'm sure. Definitely my sort of kit and they actually fit well too. The colour is about right and for £30+ delivered I think they are a good deal.

DSC00262.JPG

A Collins " Little Gem" book in the nail pocket for size comparison.

DSC00263.JPG

Nail pockets tuck away when not in use, giving in fact a double side pocket.

DSC00264.JPG

I have some work pants almost exactly the same but in brown with black knee pads, they have taken some real hammering and are still fine. Another recommendation would be dungarees in similar design, also with knee pads.
I absolutely agree that they're a good idea Sax but not just for you, for anyone doing anything outdoorsy. There is even a camouflage version for those who can't live without a little woodland DPM.

nice find Sax, thank you.
i'm generally of the same persuasion as you -- hold the Gucci wear please and thank you -- and had resigned myself to surplus trousers which do lack a few of the useful bushcraft features like the knee pad pockets and suchlike. these look like a great upgrade and the price is nice too. 👍

They are obviously ' Work Wear' Teef and at that price not like the trousers with little Fox emblems on, but I get into the woods fairly often and I suspect they'll last me for quite a while.

Talking about the trousers with the little Fox emblem on them.....yes :rolleyes:......I bought a pair to try.......thinking the same.....they would last a good while.
Without doubt they were the most uncomfortable ill fitting trouser I have worn.....terrible cut (personal opinion) :)
Some of the "Work Wear" options are well made and stand up to the wear........at a much more attractive price too.
I tend to buy the more modern materials now that are giving....fast drying on you....... and stretch...........they need too :rofl: :rolleyes:

If anyone has a 40 inch waist and 30inch inside leg they are welcome to the "Fox head" pair I have here.....a gift.....free :thumbsup:

:) that's me! free is the closest i'll ever get to a pair of those. happy to give them a second opinion for you. ;)

@teef

You are very welcome to them mate......be nice to see them go to a good home and get used :thumbsup:
If you can please PM me your name and address I will get them in the post to you in the "New Year"
They are the G-1000 variety :thumbsup:

Happy Days :)

... If you can please PM me your name and address I will get them in the post to you in the "New Year"
done! many thanks. always wondered what the hub-bub was regarding the "little fox" stuff, guess i'm about to find out.
funny think is whenever i mention some good bushcrafter kit i've got to folks not of the faith (so to speak) they always assume it's "little fox" stuff. i've spent a stupid amount of time trying to explain that there ARE other brands out there but i suspect my efforts have been largely wasted. *sigh*

Does not matter what emblem or brand Teef.....as long as it gets the individual out and about.....and they are happy with their choices :thumbsup:
If we were all of the same mindset......wouldnt it be boring......nothing to debate :rofl:
Who is to say that the guy with the Fox Emblem...... or what ever.....is having more fun and enjoyment than someone who hasn't got an emblem? :)

Be in the post in the New Year........ya bloody "Kit Tart" :sneaky: :rofl:

Hi my name is Ark, and I’m a kit tart 😊

i relapsed last year and I will relapse again, iv not tried the more expensive “little fox” verity, however being a kitaholic then I will be buying a few things with the wee foxy logo 🧐 😂

I have an older pair g-1000 trekking trousers I bought second hand and they are braw, can’t fault them, however there sizing is awkward

Does not matter what emblem or brand Teef.....as long as it gets the individual out and about.....and they are happy with their choices :thumbsup:
If we were all of the same mindset......wouldnt it be boring......nothing to debate :rofl:
Who is to say that the guy with the Fox Emblem...... or what ever.....is having more fun and enjoyment than someone who hasn't got an emblem? :)

Be in the post in the New Year........ya bloody "Kit Tart" :sneaky: :rofl:

it's the kit fairies man, they make me do it. ;)

Hi my name is Ark, and I’m a kit tart 😊

i relapsed last year and I will relapse again, iv not tried the more expensive “little fox” verity, however being a kitaholic then I will be buying a few things with the wee foxy logo 🧐 😂

I have an older pair g-1000 trekking trousers I bought second hand and they are braw, can’t fault them, however there sizing is awkward

"Kit Tart"......a badge.... and label....... I have managed to steer away from..... and clear of 🤭
But I do have every sympathy for those who have fallen into "the trap of the Tarts" :whistle:

"Kit Tart"......a badge.... and label....... I have managed to steer away from..... and clear of 🤭
But I do have every sympathy for those who have fallen into "the trap of the Tarts" :whistle:

right lads and lad’ets !!!! We have a new member in the group,,,,, and he’s in denial 🤷🏼‍♂️

now bill ! We can only help if you open up and let the TRUTH out 😂😂

Back