• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

French f1 cotton tent test

A quick question aimed at @Forest wanders do the dutch army tent poles fit the french tent ?? as im not to keen on the cheap nasty looking poles that were supplied with the tent .

Well I used the poles from a similar tent.....it was a cheap copy of this tent which ripped after a couple of uses, kombat was the brand.... They lifted the tent slightly and the Dutch army ones are a good three inches or so longer.... To be honest I am just going to use my hiking poles and swap the pegs..... 👍

Well I used the poles from a similar tent.....it was a cheap copy of this tent which ripped after a couple of uses, kombat was the brand.... They lifted the tent slightly and the Dutch army ones are a good three inches or so longer.... To be honest I am just going to use my hiking poles and swap the pegs..... 👍

ok mate thanks for the reply 👍

Had a bit of a play with the French Army canvas tent this afternoon

They originally came with a nylon flysheet but as mine didn't I thought I would dig out an army basha to see what could be done

I managed to hook the central eyelets at either end of the basha with a bungee & it almost imitates the original flysheet ! 👍

I think we will be using DD 3x3 tarps for a bit more cover but I was interested to see how the basha would fit !

I am not an expert at this sort of thing but I was pleased with the outcome of the experiment ! :cool:

IMG_20190501_141518.jpg
IMG_20190501_140544705.jpg
IMG_20190501_140526122.jpg
IMG_20190501_141649994.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190501_141336070.jpg
    IMG_20190501_141336070.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 137
Well received my tent yesterday from mmart..... Looks like I got polish army poles and one set had the metal pegs rammed inside the pole meaning removing them without damaging pole was impossible, anyway had no guy lines so attached my own and used my own pegs plus two poles from another tent.... But the condition of tent is A1..... So she's up in the back garden awaiting forecast rain... Will it leak without fabsil or a tarp over it... Results after test:D..... Still a few adjustments to make.

Cool tent. How much does it weigh and is it a 2 man? Where did you get it? :)

Back