• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

How's Your Weather Right Now

Joecole

Very Obsessed
It's getting very lively down here, my front door faces due south and the wind smashing into it has completely loosened the large glass panel

The very opposite here, Joe. It's really quiet, a local marine weather site shows 12 knots of breeze only, that's hardly enough to move the trees where I am. It's stopped raining too.

The very opposite here, Joe. It's really quiet, a local marine weather site shows 12 knots of breeze only, that's hardly enough to move the trees where I am. It's stopped raining too.
Glad to hear it mate, it's absolutely slamming it down with rain outside and being on the clay belt stepping off the path is a no no

It's getting windy again and it's been raining all day, the rivers are full, tree branches are dropping and the roads are slippy so let's all be careful out there.

It's getting windy again and it's been raining all day, the rivers are full, tree branches are dropping and the roads are slippy so let's all be careful out there.
Good advice Mike, it's time to hunker down in front of a log fire or in my case a radiator

Still only 12 knots from the same marine site, wind has veered from South to west and the forecast for tomorrow looks good with sun and light cloud, but that's only a brief respite as there's more nastiness out to the West.

Wee wullie waggletail, what is a’ your stishie?
Tak a sowp o’ water and coorie on a stane:
Ilka tree stands dozent, and the wind without a hishie
Fitters in atween the fleurs and shogs them, ane be ane.
What whigmaleerie gars ye jowp and jink amang the duckies,
Wi’ a rowsan simmer sün beekin on your croun:
Wheeple, wheeple, wheeplin like a wee burn owre the chuckies,
And wagglin here, and wagglin there, and wagglin up and doun.

First time I’ve seen it, was looking for old windy Scotish sayings and this popped up. Cracking wee poem :D

Back