• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

KFS sets

Gazo

Slightly Obsessed
Just wondering what type you guys use.

I have the standard Knife, Fork & Spoon set that clips together but find it hard holding a mess tin and trying to cut bacon or sausage up as you need 3 hands to do that.

So I have been looking into sporks, but would be looking at the type that has a serrated edge on it.
Most sporks are plastic ? Are they good enough or is it best to go SS or Titanium.
So what do you use and would you recommend it.

i use something similar to yours, and i agree, its a pain trying to hold eveything. i try and find a log most times to improvise as a table. never tried a spork though

I use a spork most of the time. A cheap plastic one. Many people swear by the Ti ones though.

My mum has just given me my grandads old KFS he used to have. I love it, it needs a clean up as its been in storage for about 50 years, quality bit of kit though.

P1010170.jpg

P1010167.jpg

P1010171.jpg

P1010169.jpg

P1010168.jpg

P1010172.jpg

Once cleaned up that should be a handy little tool to carry Mark.
I went into Field & Trek this morning and they were selling Karrimor Sporks at £1.49 each reduced from £2.99 so I bought one to try.
If it works ok might treat myself to a titanium one if I can find myself a cheap one.

Tesco baby set of KFS and plates - £3 the lot for about 5 sets of each in different colours - I have the orange set in Sweden and a blue set here - and the rest are spares ...................

If you are carrying a knife anyway, the only other piece of cutlery you really need is a spoon. Just nick one from the kitchen when the wife isn't looking:D

A proper bushcrafter would carve their own spoon .................

All mine get nicked by family for cooking with. Grrr, i'm currently making a new one from Yew, i've told them its poisonous so they cant use it. Bwa hahahaaaaa. Yes, i know Yew is poisonous, but utensils and bowls are fine for eating off. Its by far the nicest coloured and grained wood in the UK imo

A proper bushcrafter would carve their own spoon .................

I have used allsorts over the years,ranging from sticks to hand made ones and plastic to stainless steel ones.
All I take now is a folding spork,mainly because it fits inside my cookset.
I already have a knife and most of my meals when out tend to be edible with a spoon.
Also I can fit a whole sausage in my mouth so don't always need to cut it up first.

I have used allsorts over the years,ranging from sticks to hand made ones and plastic to stainless steel ones.
All I take now is a folding spork,mainly because it fits inside my cookset.
I already have a knife and most of my meals when out tend to be edible with a spoon.
Also I can fit a whole sausage in my mouth so don't always need to cut it up first.

um suit you sir

Talented man!

Interestingly enough the word SPOON originates in Scandinavia as something like Spone which is a word also used for a wood shaving/chip ergo the origins of spoons were wooden shaving or chips used to eat with instead of fingers - so as Sapper says a lot of things can be used as a digging tool from chop sticks to pointy sticks ..............

the norm one i use ta use was a kitchen wooden spoon cut the handle down so it fitted in my belt order starting ta get a tad civilised now bought a good set a tesco £2.00 IN A POUCH not used it yet still with wooden spoon :)

Cheap plastic spork for me iv been using them for ages , there fine as long as you don't stand on them :rolleyes:

Back