• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

kit bag.............

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
the type of kit bag you will need depends on how long you plan on staying out in the wilds.....
i would recomend an ex army burgan.... camo120ltr.jpg

after you have decided how long/and what weather you likely to be in you can make a choise on your kit bag.....
i would go for a 100ltr rucksack as the uk.s weather is unpredictable at best and you may need to carry spare sets of dry clothes/wet weather gear

when you are packing your gear into the bag first line the kitbag with a stirdy binliner(black bag) ....even thou some kit bags are ment to be 100% water proof..i wouldnt rely on it as the last thing you need is to get to camp after walking in the rain to find all your spare clothes wet threw......

whilste packing the bag you need to packit in an order so that when you get to camp the kit you will need first will be on the top as you dont want to have to empty your kit bag out on the wet ground to get something in the bottom off the bag......(trust me ive done it)​

Attachments

• camo120ltr.jpg
    camo120ltr.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 138
i also have a huge bergan but a berghaus crusader . used it when doing the west higland way . i used to use another 100ltr one that had side pockets . that was handy if you put items you would need out a lot in the side pockets i,e stove and mess tins or first aid pack .

Back