• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

knife for a friend

Hugo

Very Talkative
I put together this Polar 62 knife for a friend using spalted beech and brass and home made fibre liners, after quite some time in use it has served him well.
I have made a couple for myself using Walnut and brass, I use them for carving which they do well for finer detail.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 113
I put together this Polar 62 knife for a friend using spalted beech and brass and home made fibre liners, after quite some time in use it has served him well.
I have made a couple for myself using Walnut and brass, I use them for carving which they do well for finer detail.

Thanks for looking.

wish you were my friend:(lol

you dont want to be squaddies freind hugo (he is northern after all!) :D

and love the grain on that handle!

Hi Hugo, that is a pretty knife, i love beech spalting, don't want to steal your thunder mate, but a little tale.

I felled an old rotten beech on Dartmoor left the big old but for 6 years, decided to ring it up and found the most amazing pattern, a mate of mine came and camped with me, put a file in the fire, took it home along with a lump of the beech and a couple of weeks later turned up with this for my daughter, she was over the moon, it has seen some action, but is still something to behold, i think they call it sentimental value.

Ivan..

Katies Knife 004.jpg Katies Knife 001.jpg Katies Knife 002.jpg Katies Knife 003.jpg

Attachments

• Katies Knife 004.jpg
    Katies Knife 004.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Katies Knife 001.jpg
    Katies Knife 001.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Katies Knife 002.jpg
    Katies Knife 002.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Katies Knife 003.jpg
    Katies Knife 003.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 127
Thanks for the kind words fellas, I don't mind Northerners as I like whippets and cloth caps. :p
Hi Ivan mate almost forgot you were on here, Dartmoor, I love the place stayed there many times.
Nice story about the knife, very nice markings, the one I posted did actually have a tad more wood removed so as to fit the owners hand, it is his pride and joy, his words not mine.

Back