• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Knife scales wood ID

Gazo

Slightly Obsessed
Need some help please on what type of wood I have that is going to be used for scales

Here are the two types I have

20181027_155721.jpg

Number One

20181027_155727.jpg

Number Two

20181027_155732.jpg

Could also be America cherry wood :thumbsup: it’s hard to tell exactly what kind lol however am almost certain it’s some kind of cherry wood....hope this helps :thumbsup:

I'm more than a little bit impressed, I wouldn't have a hope in hell identifying that from photos. Nice one Mark.

Could also be America cherry wood :thumbsup: it’s hard to tell exactly what kind lol however am almost certain it’s some kind of cherry wood....hope this helps :thumbsup:
The two pics above are of two different woods which one is the cherry sample one or two :thumbsup:

Looking to the pictures..... right one looks a lot like American ash and left cherry. As I say am no expert mate....am only going by the look of the grain.

Did you spill water on the peace of wood on the right ? Or is it part of the grain or resin

I’m also no expert but personally I’d have gone for beech for no1 and ash for no2. No1 looks pretty much identical to the stock on my browning 12g :)

Both are dry its the grain number 2 is far harder than number 1 to cut

Back