• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Leather Key Fob.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
As a "Just in case" measure for a possible loss of keys when out and about......I made up a leather key fob.
On the key fob I stamped on my surname and mobile phone number.....to give any kind person finding them the opportunity to ring me and let me know they had been found.
Just a thought....... @Ark79 ......would you be up for making these if members wanted them? 20210128_080526.jpg

A lot of different options for things like that bill 👍🏻 Could be personalised in many different ways

@Ark79

I remember you mentioning you are going to get into some leather tooling practice Mark.
Have you had chance to have a go yet?

@Ark79

I remember you mentioning you are going to get into some leather tooling practice Mark.
Have you had chance to have a go yet?

had a wee practice bill, not as easy as it looks lol. Still learning the shapes and names of the tooling irons (hope that’s what there called lol)

going to make a sheath and pouch for the knife and fire box I got from @Matt, so I will be tooling some scrap leather to practice for them 👍🏻 Looking forward to it 😁

Spot on mate.....look forward to seeing some of your work.
Once you get going and familiar with the irons and swivel knife..... it does become very addictive :)

A very simple idea for a leather key fob based on the way an old Erik Frost knife sheath attaches. It is just a simple button hole with the end folded over and riveted. I also have a simple brass compass with the same style fob
image.jpeg

Not at all selfish Mark :D and nice to see you getting stuck into it :thumbsup:
Just a shame we are in this predicament at the moment :(
Once the boot sales get going again you will have a good opportunity to sell on your work and earn a few bob:thumbsup:

Not at all selfish Mark :D and nice to see you getting stuck into it :thumbsup:
Just a shame we are in this predicament at the moment :(
Once the boot sales get going again you will have a good opportunity to sell on your work and earn a few bob:thumbsup:

got ideas for projects coming out my ears lol , started to write them all down with a simple sketch so I remember lol

Way to go Mark :thumbsup:

Now is the ideal time to get some made and put into stock for sale later on.

Good idea to have some basic cards printed up with your phone number and Email address on them.
There are times when people want different versions of what you are selling ....leather colour.....stitching etc that you may not have on the day.
Or other commissions they may ask for (after deposit payed) :)

True buddy, just unfortunate I don’t have the room in my current shed for a workshop, however I will remedy this later this year with a larger shed, having it all set out where and as I need it will benefit production as you know, plus I won’t get a million questions from the kids on why and what am doing, and Sharon won’t have that “am not happy with all your stuff” in my kitchen look slapped all over her Chevy chase 😂😂

Nothing like your own quiet space to get on with stuff Mark.
Tools laid out....... or wracked......boxes stacked etc.

Radio.....heater......kettle......Heaven :rofl:

oh yes the notion is very romantic 😂 am looking forward to a wee corner of heaven in the garden 😁 and having the radio on is braw, normally I have my earphones in, love it 😁

Back