• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Light for Discovery.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Was looking around for some spot/flood lights to put on the Discovery.
All sorts out there and a lot from China.
Wanted something on there for when we are driving the woods and fields at night.

Found this one...not too expensive and just the right size to fit on the Bull Bar brackets.....@Matt

Says its waterproof......dust proof etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126W-CREE-LED-Flood-Spot-Light-Car-Off-Road-Driving-Work-Light-Bar-ATV-UTE-SUV/222520951754?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Will post up some pictures of night time use.

Last edited:
Cree do some good lights so should be worth the money. Not sure about fitting it to bull bar though:oopsy: even the water traps up to the meet location would splash past the bumper. Could you not mount it on the roof?

Hi, Jon.

Thanks for the feedback mate.:)

To be honest the meet "bath tubs" are the exception.... and I take your point re the splash back.:thumbsup:
Most of the driving I do here is fairly tame compared to that......I do not have the deep troughs......mostly reasonable woodland tracks and fields.
The unit is supposed to be waterproof....but I did see one comment from a reviewer saying that the cable entry benefits from a good glob of silicone and helps prevent misting in the unit......something I will get done for sure:thumbsup:

Should do the job Lee.

It will be used for night shooting mostly over the fields and in the woods.
Careful use in the lanes around here too....my eyes need all the help they can get these days:rolleyes::D

The light came today....well packaged.
Bit dissapointed that there was no switch gear provided :rolleyes:

Just need to sweet talk my number one Son to fit it now:rofl:

Will need to go via a relay and ask him to fit an illuminated switch/switches ;) and if poss have is working as: 1, so it comes on with full beam 2, you can switch it off so it does not come on with full beam off and 3 it can be switched on independent of the vehicles lights ;)

I want it wired in separate to the car's lights.
The illuminated switch is a good idea:thumbsup:
My Son is a Mechanic and also does VW camper conversions so he will sort it for me:)

Hi, Jon.

Unfortunately it is still in its box :(:D

My Son has been very busy at work....plus the school holidays....so had no time to fit it.
He is on two weeks holiday now...so he may get chance.
I have a list for him bless him :rofl:...the Disco needs servicing......and the van needs a solar panel re-wiring.......need to swop the wheels and tyres around on the Disco to.......nothing much :whistle::D:D

Soon as its fitted I will post up mate and let you know how it performs:thumbsup:

You should be the bell of the ball with them bill:D....fancy burgers so they are:thumbsup:

Sounds like you keep your lad'y busy...poor lad:rofl:

Hi, Mark.

Yes mate....will change my user name to "Twinkle" once fitted :p:D
He is a good Son and friend Mark....be lost without him:)

Mind you....he gets paid well:whistle::D:D

Willy Twinkles you say :D.....sounds like a bright idea to me mate....got me beaming here....spot on :whistle::rofl:

Number 1 Son fitted the light today.....it certainly is bright :)

I bought a loom for it that includes the use of a remote switch......which will come in very handy in some of the bigger fields.
No need to sit in the Discovery flicking the switch.
Gives more scope for shooting from different angles around.... and away from the vehicle.
The range on the remote is brilliant.......we got to about 80 yards and it was still activating the light:thumbsup:

Will get some pictures up when I manage to get out in the dark with it.;)

Back