• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Lightweight wild camp set up...not!

lol

Extremely Addicted
Disappointingly, I haven't managed anything even approximating a wild camp this season, but recently returned from another foray exploring the Broads by canoe. My lightweight base camp setup is getting a bit stupid...………. :eek: (The lavvu has grown!)

Attachments

• Dilham sept 2019 2.jpg
    Dilham sept 2019 2.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 149
  • Dilham sept 2019.jpg
    Dilham sept 2019.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 156
Disappointingly, I haven't managed anything even approximating a wild camp this season, but recently returned from another foray exploring the Broads by canoe. My lightweight base camp setup is getting a bit stupid...………. :eek: (The lavvu has grown!)
There's nothing wrong with a bit of glamping at your age lol :p :lol: :whistle:

I don't know, looks like a permanent camp to me, that is just waaaaay to much glamp lol

You're not wrong.............. :fedup:

..Still someone apart from me was happy for a few days and was good company in the canoe over 4 days.....knocking off 10-15 miles a day, and using the beloved Army Trangia for lunch stops and brew up en route....
In truth the beige tarp was an extra I had (10T and polycotton, natch) and I just wanted to try.....probably use with the Fairbanks?

LoL, thats proper camping mate, sod the UL brigade living on protein bars and energy drinks...real campers need a fried brekkie, tea, curry at night etc, proper grub. Let them sit on their arse's eating dehydrated meals...thats bloody uncouth IMHO, cot bed, table, chairs and good lighting are whats needed.

LoL, thats proper camping mate, sod the UL brigade living on protein bars and energy drinks...real campers need a fried brekkie, tea, curry at night etc, proper grub. Let them sit on their arse's eating dehydrated meals...thats bloody uncouth IMHO, cot bed, table, chairs and good lighting are whats needed.

I must admit, I loved doing the challenges of multi day Muno bashing in the past, living off that stuff. That was a while ago and I just don't have the drive to push myself like that any more and while I still enjoy a day or twos hill walking, I prefer to take a few comforts these days, like wine, decent scran etc. I'm happy enough to have a 'lazy' wild camp too with a shorter, heavier laden walk in too and as I get older

I guess I'll be doing less 'big' walks as I get older, its whatever works for you.

I'm away 26th camping with some amigos and fully expect to fill the motor to busting point. My new 'mobile' ham rig needs a Sherpa and his mate to carry it :oopsy:

Reactions: lol
Back