• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

mark hill eagle knife

sunndog

Very Talkative
So, after a year or so of admiration I finally got me an eagle from mark

First off one marks quality pics

DSC00227_1024x768_zpst7yzmeph.jpg

I know I'm biased but I think its the nicest looking eagle i'v seen so far

As for using it.....Well, its a knife made of subtleties is this
Mark has come up with a refreshing design here without resorting to making something different just for the sake of it.
Every bit of the knife has thought behind it and is very well executed

The handle for example. Look at the pics and it seems like just a plain simple design, nowt wrong in that mind
But when you grab hold of it it becomes obvious that there is a very definite design there....mark tells me it comes from getting
People to squeeze play-doh lol

The blade, again is a thing of subtle design
every grip and technique I used seemed to have a section of blade specifically for the purpose, brilliant!
The back of the blade has its subtitles too.....starting from the handle you've got the concave section for scraping bark,
Then the little hump is perfect for scraping up birch bark for tinder and such like, and then there's the high grind at the tip that scrapes a firesteel
Like nobody's business

I had a roughed out sycamore spoon blank laying about that i'd rejected a couple of months ago. fairly hard going but very little fatigue from that chunky handle and the blade performed perfectly.....and sheath of course

20141114_123800_zps49iaa9yd.jpg

Bit of a try stick

20141122_113254_zpswtuvkrsw.jpg

That'll work

20141122_103406_zpsvkjyasdl.jpg

This really is a great knife folks....if ray mears had commissioned one of these years ago, a lot of bushcrafters would have better tools

So, thanks mark for making me this great knife it should become a trusty companion for many years

Hi Sunndog.

Excellent write up on quality craftsmanship.
Nice looking knife that, and as you say will be a trusted companion for many years.

Proper job :)

Cheers lads, I really do rate this knife.

I would say to anyone considering a woodlore clone....think very carefully about the eagle before you do
i'v had an alan wood woodlore for over 10 years. and honestly, this is the better knife IMO

Cheers guys. :)

Once again Adam, glad you like it mate.:)

Currently making one in RWL-34 with the same green/black G10 i use on the Croc, with matching FS Its gonna look nice i think :)

Cheers guys. :)

Once again Adam, glad you like it mate.:)

Currently making one in RWL-34 with the same green/black G10 i use on the Croc, with matching FS Its gonna look nice i think :)

Look forward to seeing the piccies of that one Mark :)

Back