• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Mess tin?

The cheap knock offs are not great. A couple of years ago B&M were selling a cook kit. Inside a nylon bag were a set of mess tins, KFS set and hexi stove and fuel all for a fiver. Worth buying for the bag, stove and KFS set alone. I ended up drilling some holes in the mess tins and planting herbs in them; they looked rather good on a garden wall :)

The cheap knock offs are not great. A couple of years ago B&M were selling a cook kit. Inside a nylon bag were a set of mess tins, KFS set and hexi stove and fuel all for a fiver. Worth buying for the bag, stove and KFS set alone. I ended up drilling some holes in the mess tins and planting herbs in them; they looked rather good on a garden wall :)
Well even crap can have its uses Harry

Reactions: lol

I remember that offer (or a similar one) and was tempted 'just cos' although the missus pointed out I didn't really need any more "of that stuff". She's an unreasonable creature.

I remember that offer (or a similar one) and was tempted 'just cos' although the missus pointed out I didn't really need any more "of that stuff". She's an unreasonable creature.
They all are Bam, they all are. I told Wendy I'd put up tarp for her and a pile of leaves for her to sleep on as long as she did the cooking. I thought she was going to kill me

Mine is a bit like that, it's worth working out a few logical explanations before hand why you need that particular axe, stove, knife, sleeping bag, tent, air rifle, fishing rod, jacket, 4x4 etc then you can just instantly trot the excuses out when you need them without that embarrassing little pause. No more giving in to SWMBO, easy. ;)

Mine is a bit like that, it's worth working out a few logical explanations before hand why you need that particular axe, stove, knife, sleeping bag, tent, air rifle, fishing rod, jacket, 4x4 etc then you can just instantly trot the excuses out when you need them without that embarrassing little pause. No more giving in to SWMBO, easy. ;)
Of course I believe you Mike, it's just the thousands that don't :lol:

I can't really complain, I don't do too badly although there's always something that catches your eye......

My wife mentioned I had too many stoves and didn’t use them. To prove her wrong when I was working from home I used one a day to make morning coffee. Took ten days and I didn’t break open the various hexi stoves.......

My wife mentioned I had too many stoves and didn’t use them. To prove her wrong when I was working from home I used one a day to make morning coffee. Took ten days and I didn’t break open the various hexi stoves.......

And what's wrong with tea you bloody heathen

Back