• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Mushrooms

Bushcraft Rob

Very Addicted
Any one manage to forage any mushrooms last year? ceps were in short supply but plenty of others out there
mush 5.jpg
Mush.jpg
mush1.jpg
mush2.jpg
mush3.jpg
mush4.jpg

Attachments

• mush6.jpg
    mush6.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 135
  • mush7.jpg
    mush7.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 138
  • mush8.jpg
    mush8.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 142
I love mushrooms, but lacking the knowledge I’d be very aware of picking my own as I know there are many doppelgängers out there that would poison me.
Any basic knowledge on the more common ones to look out for and how to confidently tell if they’re safe !!!

I love mushrooms, but lacking the knowledge I’d be very aware of picking my own as I know there are many doppelgängers out there that would poison me.
Any basic knowledge on the more common ones to look out for and how to confidently tell if they’re safe !!!

Best advice i can give is to learn a few that can't be mistaken for anything else Chanterelle but have to be careful on that one as you get False chanterelle, Chicken of the wood, Hen of the wood, Hedgehog mushroom, Cauliflower mushroom most ceps are ok except the Devils bolete Common puffball and Giant puffball

If in doubt bushman leave the fungi we'l alone unless you're foraging with an expert

Any one manage to forage any mushrooms last year? ceps were in short supply but plenty of others out thereView attachment 12100 View attachment 12101 View attachment 12102 View attachment 12103 View attachment 12104 View attachment 12105

It’s good to see you have the confidence to pick and eat wild mushrooms. It’s a skill I wish to learn for myself. Love mushrooms fried in garlic and butter :D

May I ask you not to offer any information or tips on how and what kind to pick. As this information may be used wrongly. Much appreciated :thumbsup:

It’s good to see you have the confidence to pick and eat wild mushrooms. It’s a skill I wish to learn for myself. Love mushrooms fried in garlic and butter :D

May I ask you not to offer any information or tips on how and what kind to pick. As this information may be used wrongly. Much appreciated :thumbsup:

By all means but I wouldn't give advice on what to pick nor would I ID a mushroom for someone by a photo.

Depending on what type I pick some have a really delicate flavor which you don't want to loose, some are just right bland and need something added

My mates wife had some (forgot the name) very fluffy texture and yellow’ish colour. But they was dripping in garlic lol. Still it had a much better taste than your run of the mill ones.

Back