• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New house and now the fun starts

Not a big leap, I've bought and sold several houses over the years. I need to expand the house electrics, new kitchen, conservatory and concrete bases for two poly tunnels...then furnish it top to bottom.

Cheers mate, I have a container full of bits and pieces for when I was going to move to New Zealand but did not store furniture.

Having a 'blank slate' is nice in many ways, I can slowly furnish the place...I'm in no rush.

Way to go 'Arry :thumbsup:

Exciting times mate...........I hope all goes smoothly for you.
Will you start with your bedroom first.......get that all done and dusted so you have a comfortable and tidy place to retreat while other works are in progress?
How much renovation is there to do? is it structural or more cosmetic?
Start with the roof and work down :rofl:;):thumbsup:

Broadband first LOL, then concrete base for poly tunnels, new kitchen, some electrics to do and decorate from top to bottom...I'll sleep on an army cot bed while the work is done Will.

A lot of cosmetic work more than structural, need a wood burner fitting as well. The roof is very sound and at some point I'll be looking at a loft conversion...but not this year.

Not really Prime, the polytunnels are for fun, I'm going to try out 'square foot gardening' in them. I have less than an acre of land but do intend to plant fruit trees next year

Well I'm in, very happy. Couple of good friends are down for a few days and my Lamb curry went down a treat and we are 'camping' in the house. These boys have skills they are happy to share and I'm happy to use...True friends.

Mind me asking Harry but what sort of price are we talking for this property? what did you get for your money? PM if required.

Nice one 'Arry.

The extra hands and skills will be very welcome I expect...........work them, friends, hard............ Lamb doesn't come cheap :rofl: and hide the beer :rofl:
What is the first project you will tackle?

Prime, what did you pay for your home and what did you get?

Will, we are expanding the electrics, extra sockets et al and polytunnel bases will be laid :)

Prime, property is currently very reasonable in Wales but it is going up relative to the rest of the U.K. Except places like London and Bristol.
I personally feel that mid Wales and west wales are the least spoiled and least regulated places in the UK.
Re your question to Harry, any property, whatever its size can be classed as a smallholding if you apply to the council but it isn't transferable with the property, the smallholder number relates solely to the person who owns the place. You only need apply for the smallholder number on the basis that you want to keep animals.

Last edited:
Ooh, how exciting. Are you going to be doing most of the work yourself? OH and l are both quite handy and do everything ourselves where it's legal. Our house is mostly finished now so we're doing a few things outside (or will be once the outside of the house is painted.) l did make a fire pit recently, just right for making "singing hinnies" and drop scones on the griddle we found buried in the field where we had pigs! Have fun.

Back