• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New Mora Basic all round pro knife, first thoughts and review

lee

Slightly Obsessed
NEW Mora Basic all round Pro knife available in stainless & carbon.

I will post up a full review shortly (for stainless version) after its been fully used at a camp out.

Sorry only a library pic today as knife is elsewhere. First impression: very very nice, very grippy handle with a good finger guard, good retention, comes shaving sharp, slightly shorter but wider that the Mora clipper blade, a classic bushcraft knife shaped blade and nice colours (carbon version is red) This is going to be a big hit and for under £10 you cant go wrong!

View attachment 4892

Brand: Mora
Blade Material: Stainless Steel
Blade Length (cm): 9.1
Blade Thickness (cm): 0.16
Overall Length (cm): 20.6
Handle Material: Rubber
Handle Detail: Rubber and plastic
Blade Type: Plain
Sheath: Yes
Product Weight (g): 120

Available here: (£9.95)

http://www.heinnie.com/mora-basic-allround-pro-s

Carbon version: (£8.95)

http://www.heinnie.com/mora-basic-allround-pro-c

I have no association to Mora knives or the above supplier and post forum reviews for entertainment purposes only.

Attachments

• mora-12242.jpg
    mora-12242.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Re: NEW Mora Basic all round knife first thoughts and REVIEW

looks like an ideal every day knife :) ..let us know how it performs mate :cool:

Yes it does look like a nice knife for the money, shame its in a plastic sheath though.

This is mine and my boys....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 143

Update:

I used the knife last week for a 4 day camp out for all light duties. It performed well splitting kindling and feather sticking it skinned a rabbit no problem and was ok for other food prep duties it still had a usable edge on it after the 4 days however I kept wanting to go to my clipper over this knife and it was a struggle not to do so, I don’t like the blade it’s to short and to wide but as its Mora’s all rounder I guess they have made the right choice for the blade design.

It’s perfect for a first Bushcraft knife or if you want to stick to only one knife of require a budget Bushcraft knife you can’t go wrong with the all rounder for the price and you will be happy with the finger guard, the looks and the performance. If you want to use the spine for fire striking you will need to file it.

Conclusion:

If you not looking for either of the above but are looking for a good skinning/food prep and light wood duties knife get the Mora Clipper,

If you only like Bushcraft style knives (blades) you will love this Mora all rounder.

Back