• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New shed or not

279151FF-FC4C-4BE0-9514-983DB5BF3D9A.jpeg
4F12BDD3-4454-4EA7-BE7A-8D667547FBD2.jpeg
AB4F5F36-CBCF-4A19-81CE-ADD453D1AC42.jpeg

It still needs painting and next month it’s getting sarken planks on the outside to make sure it lasts 👍🏻

So have you had to cannibalise part of the old shed in places? It looks well made and you’ve done a really nice job of boarding out the new floor.
I doubt that is going to be flattened by the first snowflake that lands on it. Tidy job!

Cracking man cave Mark......Good job 👍👍👍

Cheers bill 👍🏻 still more work to be done to make it a certified man cave but I’ll get there… building a leather craft station in the corner, as you’ll know it’s best to have everything at hand and keep things tidy for a better job … well that’s the plan anyway lol

Last edited:
So have you had to cannibalise part of the old shed in places? It looks well made and you’ve done a really nice job of boarding out the new floor.
I doubt that is going to be flattened by the first snowflake that lands on it. Tidy job!

Cheers Mike 👍🏻

No mate I sold the old shed to a couple who are now using it for a chicken coop 👍🏻 I’ve kept the storage box that was attached to the old shed, iv just moved it to the other side of the garden… the floor/base was a nightmare to level lol , it’s still not a 💯, but almost 😅

Nice shed Mark but the roof will come apart when you dismantle it so you w will meed new felt
One thing that irritates me is the cheap , thin shed felt that gets put on sheds and pretty much exclusively new sheds. If you get five years out of it you're doing good. I tend to use the heavier grade ( something like 40kg a roll) felt as a minimum and on my workshop I have used the corrugated corroline or unduline ( trade names with very slightly different profiles) sheeting. The corrugated stuff does need a full backing in the same way as felt to prevent sagging over time.

Good job there Mark.

With regard to roofing felt, go for the stuff with Polyester. Around £35 a roll, but worth every penny. 👍👍

I also put batons down the outside of the felt if it’s in a exposed position. I paint the batons and underside of the floors with bitumen paint.

I also put batons down the outside of the felt if it’s in a exposed position. I paint the batons and underside of the floors with bitumen paint.

That’s a job for next weekend lol , the only thing I completely forgot to paint was the underside of the base all the wood is treated and raised up so hopefully I’ll get away with it 😞👎 live and learn 👎 I’ve got some 4’’x1’’ for the outside of the felt, should work a treat… it will all be re-cladded (if that’s a word lol) on the outside and inside will be insulated and have osb boards on the walls before winter 👍🏻 Then next year (if the prices fall) I’ll build the pub 😁

Back